News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Me' New Tiger

Started by Sofalofa2005, October 01, 2005, 11:08:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sofalofa2005

Just to say, picked my bike up today (2005 silver Tiger)... Wow, been off it for 3 hours now and still grinning! What an awesome bike!

Biggest thrills? Pulling up at some traffic lights just after I'd left the dealer sitting next to a Transit van and realising I was the same height as the driver! Doing 85mph on the motorway, twisting the throttle back to see how it pulled and thinking "sh*t", realising I was going the wrong way home and not giving a damn (40 miles turned into 120 miles), and finally pulling up at home, getting off (with NO aches or pains), looking at it and thinking "you made the RIGHT choice!"

Great bike guys, looking forwarding to racking up the miles and smiles

Russ

zombie

awesome welcome to the club :wave

ChrisN

Another satisfied customer  :lol:

Watch those miles rack up ! I've lost count of the "quick blasts" that lead to 200 mile runs  8)
Chris

Welcome to the "cage" as someone once put it.

Glad you're happy with your first ride. I'm still happy after 28500 miles.  :D

malc

I fetched my black 06 3 weeks ago & now ive had the first service done  Im happier as I hate the first part of running in.

But now Im really loving it everything works well Ive recently used it for aa camping weekend @ scarboro gold cup & the panniers & triumph tankbag took all my camping stuff no probs @ all I fitted my old givi top box which bolts straight to the rack that you get with the bike.

The engine is getting better every time I use it & I reckon its faster than my 1200 bandit was & I really like the gearbox too its very smooth.

The heated grips are great too.

I rode it in the wet on friday & I found there was no difference or very little in road holding to the dry but the lights could bew better.

All in all from my previous bike (bmw r1150r) which was & still is a great bike the tigeris better in all departments
its grrreaaattttttttt

Sofalofa2005

Cheers guys, you seem like a decent bunch (ChrisN your site is ace! Am off to Scotland in November so your guide is very useful!). Owned it 4 days now and have put 1,000 miles on it already.

Just one point I thought I'd mention in case you didn't know. When I went to pick up the bike (registered May '05), was told to be careful as it had just had a new front wheel / tire fitted - bike had only done around 1,000 miles so I was immediately suspicious (been in a prang etc?)  Apparently there was a safety issue due to warped front disks or something and Triumph had done a recall on some of the alloy wheel versions. Don't know if I was bullshitted etc but the engineer seemed genuine...

Anyone else aware of this?