News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Torque of 2006

Started by leon, November 09, 2005, 09:45:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

leon

Hi there,

Creetings from Finland, season is still on (meaning I'm still commuting daily to work with tiger :)). Today in morning the weather was dry +10,àûC. Grin factor was hi ;).

Been a member in this forum (what a great forum) since I bought mine 2001 (as a new) in spring 2004. Now I've done about 40000km.

But, now to the subject... yesterday I was surfing around and ended up to http://www.triumph.co.uk/uk/790.aspx page, which is 2006 Tiger's spec sheet. It says that:

Maximum Torque     98Nm (71ft.lbf) at 5,700 rpm

Above is different from old 955i which was 92Nm@4400rpm (direction is not what I want, which is why I might go for the Thunderbike mufler >92Nm@3500rpm)?

Have this been discussed more somewhere (at least I didn't find)?

Cheers, Leo.
2001 Black Tiger

1969 red Volvo 142 \":)\"

Chris Canning

Hi Leo

All i can say is you must be one rich dude,haveing recently returned from visiting my wife's cousin who works for Nokia in Helsinki,i was shocked at the price of bikes!!! phewww,the weather must have got better he was saying only a week ago there was 6cm of snow.

Chris

leon

Chris,

Nope, not one of those rich guys :), I've still 3 years to pay :(. I've to admit, that motorcycling is an expensive way to live (I don't say hobby) here in finland. But in 2001 when I first got the bite of tiger it did cost 19900ƒ and today they are 16600ƒ. Well, hopefully someday we get those EU promises, that cars and motorcycles would be equally priced in europe or EU.  

You should see my car :) (1969 Volvo 142).

/leo
2001 Black Tiger

1969 red Volvo 142 \":)\"

Quote from: "leon"Chris,

Well, hopefully someday we get those EU promises, that cars and motorcycles would be equally priced in europe or EU.  

/leo

Don't forget the main advantage of being in the EU. Being that you can buy the product (Tiger) anywhere in the EU and then import it into your country.

I believe Danmark has the lowest retail price for bikes because they have the highest tax rate. So what you do is buy in Danmark at retail cost and then pay your local tax rate (if it's lower) when you import it into your country. Or, if your local tax is also high, is to buy in a country where the rate is low and pay the tax there. Then you'll have nothing to pay when you import home.

It's complicated but could be worth searching and comparing all the prices throughout the EU.