News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Off road pegs.

Started by georover1, November 07, 2005, 05:11:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

georover1

Check these out . I will make more if people are interested and as long as your pegs are the same as my '99. They are direct replacements to the rubber inserts. $40 a pair plus shipping.

http://home.comcast.net/~n16sb/footpeg.jpg
Mmmmmm......Beer

\'99 Tiger,

jp4evr

How are they secured to the footpeg?
2000 TIGER - Current - finally....

2000 TT600 - now my wife\'s ring

1997 CBR 600F2 - sold

1998 Suzuki - Bottom of ravine - Oops!

georover1

Just like the stock rubber ones. Two machine screws up from the bottom. However do to the fact that holes may be off slightly from one peg to another ill probably do a machine screw and lock nut rather than tapping. That will give me a slight bit of wiggle room from peg to peg. Also just like i mentioned in my other post in Gear and Stuff i would like to get a couple pair out there for R&D. PM your address and ill send out a set. Use them and let my know what you think. If you like them keep them if not tell me what needs to be changed.
Mmmmmm......Beer

\'99 Tiger,

georover1

One of the two free pair are spoken for. Need at least one more rider to try these out for me.  All others will be sold at the $40 + shipping.
Mmmmmm......Beer

\'99 Tiger,

georover1

The demos are spoken for but  I will make more to be sold.  All sold pegs will be backed up, if they don't work send them back for a refund or reworking. These first prototypes are all hand made and painted with a spray can so I can't promiss the paint will hold up or that that each set is a mirror image of the next but they will be strong, be easy to put on, and provide better grip. I think the best thing about these are that you can easily change back and forth between the stock rubber and mine with just four screws. If the interest in these grows then I will  provide a powder coated option at a little more cost. Thanks
Mmmmmm......Beer

\'99 Tiger,

jp4evr

Georover - I got the pegs yesterday.  I'll get them on for a ride to work tomorrow.  they look great, clean.  

I'll do a few street and dirt rides this weekend and give you some feedback, but right off, they look very nice.

1997 CBR 600F2 - sold

hholties

Hello,

Cann you tell me wath the price for those stepps are including shipping to Holland ?

Hendrik

georover1

Hendrik

i sent you a PM
Mmmmmm......Beer

\'99 Tiger,

jp4evr

So I've had these on for about a month now and absolutely love them.  I've been looking for a peg that would be a good solution for road and dirt and these seem to fit the bill quite well.  

Slim design allows you to move your foot for shifting / braking and normal movements without having "too much peg" like some other brands.  

Excellent grip on anything with a non-leather sole (i ride to work a lot in my dress shoes).  Depending on the leather sole, there can be some slipping, but that is the same with rubber pegs.

No noticable vibration difference from stock.  I though I would get a nice foot massage, but in fact Georover's peg inserts don't transfer any additional vibration to cause any discomfort.  

Off-road traction is phenomenal.  Mud on my boots cleaned easily and didn't clog up the tread on the peg.  

My .02 and I'm very happy with the pegs.  For $40 or whatever is finally charged, this is a great set-up and very easy to transfer back and forth between pegs.  If you break the full peg, you of course have dealer support.  

Georover - Next thing you need to design is a peg lowering kit. (-:

1997 CBR 600F2 - sold

georover1

I'm still making these for anyone interested. However the price has gone up $10 to $50 + shipping.
Mmmmmm......Beer

\'99 Tiger,

Brother Number One

Could you come up with a way of lowering the pegs on an 04 :?:
2015-16 USA & C.America: http://sawthingsclearer.com (click it, click it, click iiiit) 04 silver Tiger, Touratech Zega panniers, CCC titanium can, NWS hugger

georover1

I came up with a passenger peg lowering kit but haven't messed with the rider pegs. How much lower are lowered pegs usually?
Mmmmmm......Beer

\'99 Tiger,

wasions

How much lower are the pass. pegs, and can you move them forward at all?  My wife wants to put her feet on to of mine when we ride.   :roll:
Steve

Gear up!

<*}}}><

\'06 Tiger, \'99 DR350

jp4evr

Quote from: "georover1"I'm still making these for anyone interested. However the price has gone up $10 to $50 + shipping.

I still love these things.  I stick like glue in the twisties and plenty of support standing up on dirt roads.  

Great work - let me see your lowered passenger pegs too.... pics.

1997 CBR 600F2 - sold

georover1

I made one side a while ago for a guy but never heard back from him so I never did finish the other side. Anyway, they are 3" lower and 1" forward. Here are some photos.

P.S. Why can I not upload pictures right on to this site? They are the correct extension and size but it never works.

http://home.comcast.net/~n16sb/passenger.jpg
Mmmmmm......Beer

\'99 Tiger,