News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Off road pegs.

Started by georover1, November 07, 2005, 05:11:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hholties

Hello,

I have send them an email but they do not replay it

hendrik

Patrick

Quote from: "hholties"Hello,

I have send them an email but they do not replay it

hendrik

Today, I spoke to them. They had some DSL problems. You will get an answer soon.

Have fun!

Patrick

hholties

Thanks,

can not wait

hendrik

hholties

Still no answer,

Nobody else some idea ??

hendrik

dword

I've got an 06 tiger and I just got back from a 500 mile trip in 1 day and I could sure use a lower peg to relieve some knee pain.  And maybe some info on some highway pegs so I can straighten out from time to time on the long streches of road..

hholties

I,m still waiting.

In the german forum the are talking about the stepps from a buell.

I don't know for sure but it seams to fit.

In germany there is also a comany that makes lowering kits but the are ferry expensive.

hendrik

WIDGIN

Touratec USA has some nice serrated pegs available which also lower about an inch.   Just shipped mine for delivery next week. About $120
WIDGIN (When In Doubt, Gas It Now)
BRG 2005 955i R.I.P.

Stretch

Quote from: "hholties"I,m still waiting.

In the german forum the are talking about the stepps from a buell.

I don't know for sure but it seams to fit.

They don't bolt right on, but they'll do with a little work.  I have a pair on order, $48 US.  I'll post part numbers and photos when I get it done.

Advwannabe

Thanks for the work stretch,

When you say a little work, are we talking resizing holes or fabricating brackets here?

They do look good and I suppose if anyone is worried about clearance they can swap them for regular riding or track days. Don't laugh, I've done one and Tigger more than held its own.

Cheers
No good deed goes unpunished
02 Tigger
02 Blackbird
75 GT380
IBA #33180

Stretch

Once the Tiger pegs were removed, I was able to measure the width of the bracket.

Measuring the Uly peg...

The Uly pegs were just a hair too wide.  They only fit about halfway into the bracket, so some mild fitting was required to make them fit properly, and be loose enough for them to pivot and then return to their correct position under the pressure of the pivot springs.

The Tiger pivot pin is smaller in diameter than the hole in the Uly pegs, so the fit is a tad sloppy, but not sloppy enough to bother me so much that I would take the time to weld the holes shut and redrill them in a smaller size.

And a few strokes of a file later...

And BEFORE, just for comparison...

Part numbers:

N0502.1AK, Footpeg, Rider, Left Hand

N0503.1AK, Footpeg, Rider, Right Hand

Cost: $48.00 U.S. at your friendly (Ha!) neighborhood (Ha!) Buell dealer.

WIDGIN

Received the Touratech pegs yesterday and fitted them.  Only two problems; 1 - the stock return springs are cut a little too short which makes them slide out and not serve their return function.  Probably need to replace them at some time with some longer springs.  2 - I needed to grind about 1/2" x 1" section off the bottom of the right peg to clear the brake pedal. No big deal.  Otherwise, they seem like decent off-road pegs that will be comfortable for standing.  However, I am a little concerned about the slightly shorter distance to the shifter, which would seem to be a problem with any lower pegs.
WIDGIN (When In Doubt, Gas It Now)
BRG 2005 955i R.I.P.