News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Toseland: What is he thinking???

Started by Advwannabe, August 04, 2007, 07:01:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Advwannabe

O.k I'll start this one off with one for the Brits:

I've been a Toseland fan for ages, love his speed and grit. Being an Aussie I'm cheering for Bayliss in WSBK but wanted James to go well and get the good ride in Motogp I believe he's earned.

Then Melandie gets the Ducati gig, Toseland must be a shoe-in for the ride and the rumours say Gresini wants him, then.......Tech3!! What is he smoking? Or does he know something we don't?

Interested in your thoughts
No good deed goes unpunished
02 Tigger
02 Blackbird
75 GT380
IBA #33180

tigerrider

You gotta figure Tech 3 gave him some assurance that they would be on Bridgestones or Michelins next year and would be receiving more direct factory support than in years past...
or maybe they gave him a WHOLE LOTTA CASH.

Besides, Honda sorta screwed him..ala Colin.

blacktiger

Quote from: "tigerrider"You gotta figure Tech 3 gave him some assurance that they would be on Bridgestones or Michelins next year and would be receiving more direct factory support than in years past...
or maybe they gave him a WHOLE LOTTA CASH.

Besides, Honda sorta screwed him..ala Colin.

What I've heard (rumours) is that it's effectively the same package as Rossi. i.e. 2008 Yam on Michelins. Of course, the unwritten rule is that he'll be a tyre tester for Rossi and Michelin. They are struggling this year and it makes good sense to have another team with the same equipement. And, again, he'll be down the pecking order when it comes to getting the go-faster bits.
Anyway, Honda do seem to mess up when it comes to retaining their top SBK riders. They lost vermullin to Suzuki a couple of years ago.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.