News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Dream Rides

Started by Green Geck0, November 30, 2005, 04:08:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Green Geck0

If you had your choice of 5 destinations in the USA to ride to, what would they be? Keeping in mind not only the destination, but the ride to get there.

Curtis Ross

Freezing in Calgary, Alberta

Ì02 Green

Mudhen

I haven't ridden in 5 places in the US...but my #1 ride would be:

Of course, I don't think it would be appropriate for a Tiger...
\'96 Steamer

NebraskaRat

Beartooth Pass, Red Lodge, MT

Hwy 550 Ouray to Durango, CO

Hwy 1  S.F. to Eureka, CA

Hwy 12 Lolo Pass, ID

Deals Gap

greg

I rode across the USA in 1984, well, zigzagged is a more accurate description. The one place I would really like to ride again is up over the Rockies just north of San Diego then down into the California Painted Desert. As I reached the desert floor the road just stretched out like it does in those roadrunner cartoons. I was gobsmacked. You don't get many deserts in the UK. Oh and also that one with the Joshua trees. I hated Florida at dusk. Incredibles numbers of insects splatting everywhere, had to stop riding. Oops rambling on better stop now.
2004 Girly.

Sasquatch

Quote from: "NebraskaRat"Beartooth Pass, Red Lodge, MT

Hwy 550 Ouray to Durango, CO

Hwy 1  S.F. to Eureka, CA

Hwy 12 Lolo Pass, ID

Deals Gap

Wow, I have done 4 of the 5.  Of course, I live right in the middle of all of them in the PNW.

Deals Gap would be on my list.

Deadhorse Alaska

New England in the Fall

ChrisN

Quote from: "greg"You don't get many deserts in the UK.

What about the vast dusty planes of Southport beach ?  :smt119
Chris

TigerTrax

Gecko ... has brought out the 'spirit of riding' !

As organizer of the Tiger Ride-In ..... I can tell you now that

3 of the places mentioned are on tap for 2006!
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

MarkF

Already been to the Smokey Mtns of TN/NC.

Add to that the following:

Glacier National Park

Moab, UT

Mount ST. Helens

Alaska!
MarkF

\"I\'d rather be riding...\"

Chris Canning

Nothing wrong with Southport beach,i'be spent many a happy hour raceing a bike on there(in competion),it's were i learned to broadside a bike with the throttle on the stop!!!

MarkF

Quote from: "Mudhen"I haven't ridden in 5 places in the US...but my #1 ride would be:

And you can buy the maps for only $288
MarkF

\"I\'d rather be riding...\"

Green Geck0

Hwy 1 S.F. to Eureka, CA looks like it would be a neat ride. Start in British Columbia head right down towards Mexico. A 3 flags might be in order one of these days. After Alaska, Blue Ridge, Deal Gap, Beartooth....

Curtis Ross

Calgary, Alberta

'02 Green

Patrick the Scot

Great choices Nebraska Rat. Of your list I've only run Hwy 550 Durango to Ouray.  Awesome ride.

Also;

Gunnison to Salida, Colorado, over Monarch Pass

Texas Creek to Walsenburg, Colorado, east of the Front Range

"the Kanc"  New Hampshire

Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia - counterclockwise, not during tourist season
"As far back as I can remember... I always wanted to be a gangster" - Good Fellas

Texas Tech Red Raiders - 2008 BIG IIX NCAAF CHAMPS

wonko the sane

On the Adventure Rider site are many threads on riding the Continental Divide.  This is only one, and may not be the best, but will kind of give you an idea.  Also, this ride is probably better suited to a Suzuki DRZ400 or similar, although these guys made it on big bikes.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthre ... ge=1&pp=15

I'll probably be in my 60's by the time I get a chance to do this, but I will do it.
The world is a book, and those who don\'t travel, read only a page.

St. Augustine

TigerTrax

How can 300+ adventure bike/sport touring bike riders read this question and not have a comment?

The spirit of adventure is the 'ride you've always wanted to take' ...

wherever it may be.

I'd love to hear it!
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'