News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Another '99 with a leaky head gasket. Need a little help.

Started by georover1, November 20, 2005, 02:46:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

georover1

Went out to the garage this morning and saw a quarter size pool of coolant under my bike. Looked at the cylinder and sure enough you could see where it was leaking out of the head gasket. F@#k! From what i've read it is common to happen when the weather gets cold. I went to the dealer today and was suprised to find out they had the whole gasket set but no head bolts so i bought the gaskets and ordered the bolts. I'm a fairly competent mechanic and have all the tools i will need to do this job except for the tool to remove the cylinder sleeves which the service manual says to do to reseal them. The question is, does this really need to be done? If so, is there a way to safely remove them without the tool?

Thanks
Mmmmmm......Beer

\'99 Tiger,