News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Front brake rotor issue; misc

Started by ridin gaijin, October 25, 2005, 05:12:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ridin gaijin

Just a quick note--I'm working on my ride report of the past month, about 4,000 miles I should think. In the meantime: at around 8k miles, the front brakes started pulsing, expecially noticeable at low speeds. The rotors are bad--! PJ's says they've seen this on a new-ish Speedmaster too. Triumph is replacing when I bring it in next. In other news, I did so much banging around on awful dirt roads (--or, I did it so badly!  :D ) that the screws holding the idiot light array worked themselves loose to the point of falling out. Considered lok-tite but thought the better of it...
2005 Tiger in Lucifurry Orange. Always something new it seems...

Bliker

I took a thousand mile trip over a four days last weekend. One of the screws on the dash vibrated out like yours. I'm also waiting to hear back from the dealer about my front rotors being warped. It's been about a month since I had it in. The dealer keeps saying he's waiting to hear back from Triumph, before they can consider it warranty work. I'm still waiting, but patience is getting thin.
2004 Tiger

fatbob

Bliker:

I just got my new rotors on my '04 tiger, the original ones pulsed badly from just a couple thousand miles.  They were replaced on warranty and seem to be fine now.  Don't let 'em try to kid you, it's a manufacturing defect and not any fault of yours that they are warped.  

Bob

obxtiger

i've already replaced one set of front rotors to correct the pulsing brakes.now 2000 miles later the problems back dealer says their warped again does not no why. we're wating to here from triumph so far it's been under waranty. anybody found the cause yet?
beware world I\'ve now got a TIGER on the loose.

Green Geck0

I'm on my 3rd set and I can feel them starting to go again. Triumph covered them out of warranty last time.

Curtis

martingilly

I bet it is your wheel that is causing the rotors to warp. I took mine in and Triumph changed the rotars, wheel and pads under waranty. It took 5 days from taking it in, that was the time it took the parts to arive. :shock: