News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Alarm - URGENT HELP REQSUIRED !

Started by russ_fae_fyvie, December 11, 2005, 10:34:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

russ_fae_fyvie

For some damn reason the alarm (System 3) decided to go off tonight as I was attaching my Optimate (done loads of times before) now I can't stop the bloody thing. Can anyone tell me what normally plugs into the multiplug connected when an alarm isn't fitted? When I take the alarm off the bike is dead so I assume something must go in the connector becasue the alarm didn't come with the bike.

Now I don't want any silly remarks like,' you might be a robber' cos I have been on this site for a while and you have probably seen the photos of my bike that has just been repainted, so PLEESE no lectures, I just want help becasue it is pissing me off big style, just spent 2 hours trying to figure out whats wrong. The main fuse is ok, its a new battery and it was perfectly ok until 2 hours ago.

Any immediate help would be gratefully received or else I will have to phone my dealer in the morning when I've calmed down .

:smt013

Frank.B

Hi Russ.

Great piccies, well done!.

Now then, Your dealer should have given you a square plastic multi pin plug with two loops of wire on it, this plug is removed from the connector block to allow the alarm to be plugged into the bikes wiring system. You will not start the bike without it.

Frank.
\"greetings to you....friends of peace\"

russ_fae_fyvie

Cheers Frank, yes I got the plug back from them last week and its been fine since. At least it allows me to run the bike and over Xmas I can try and figure out whats going on with the alarm.

cheers :lol:

iansoady

Quote from: Frank.BHi Russ.

Great piccies, well done!.

Now then, Your dealer should have given you a square plastic multi pin plug with two loops of wire on it, this plug is removed from the connector block to allow the alarm to be plugged into the bikes wiring system. You will not start the bike without it.

Frank.

Frank -

I have the connector with 2 cables, a black one with a male connector at each end and a green bifurcated one with 2 male connectors and an earth ring. Any ideas how these should connect to the block? I've tried to post a picture but no joy.
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650