News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Lowering The 05

Started by UKPaul, February 02, 2006, 03:01:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

UKPaul

Has anybody lowered an 05? There's plenty of info on lowering the Tiger but it's all pre 05. The tiptoe thing is just not cutting it for me.

Any advice would be appreciated,

Thanks

PaulBerg

Hagon do a lowering shock for the '05 (even though it is not on their web list). Drop the front forks an equivalent amount. Job done.

If you don't want to spend new-shock type money, take the rider seat off and reverse the rubber stops to the other side of the rail - gives you an extra 6 or 7 mm. Then go the cobbler and get them to vulcanise an extra 4 mm or so of rubber sole on your boots. That gives you 10mm down.

Paul

gascitysmitty

Quote from: "PaulBerg"Hagon do a lowering shock for the '05 (even though it is not on their web list). Drop the front forks an equivalent amount. Job done.

If you don't want to spend new-shock type money, take the rider seat off and reverse the rubber stops to the other side of the rail - gives you an extra 6 or 7 mm. Then go the cobbler and get them to vulcanise an extra 4 mm or so of rubber sole on your boots. That gives you 10mm down.

Paul

Hagon makes two shocks.  One lowers the bike 25mm and the second lowers it 50 mm.  I'm 5'9" and the two inches is a great thing for me.  You can also send your seat to Sargent's in FLorida and they will cut it down 1" and put the cover of your choice on it.

If you get the 50mm, lower the forks an one inch.

The nice thing about Hagon is that they ask a lot of questions such as do you ride two up, how much baggage, how much do you and the passenger weigh, how much gear...bags, tank bag, sleeping roll, etc., and they figure that all into the spring rate.  You can also get it with a remote which is well worth the extra $135 US.

Also comes with a two year warranty too.
Greatness is achieved.