News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Lowering The 05

Started by UKPaul, February 02, 2006, 03:44:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

UKPaul

Has anybody lowered an 05? There's plenty of info on lowering the Tiger but it's all pre 05. The tiptoe thing is just not cutting it for me.

Any advice would be appreciated,

Thanks

Patrick

Due to the fact that Triumph lost the excenter chain adjustment in 2005, lowering the rear of a newer tiger isn't quite as easy as it was.

The only way to go would be a shortened rear shock. I believe that Wilbers will provide a modified rear shock when asked.

Lowering the front should still be possible as it has been: Push up the forks through the clamps.

Have fun!

Patrick

Bob Burnett

Hagon shocks do a shorter rear shock
2006 Black Tiger

Bling Bling If it\'s Stainless Steel Polish it, If it,s not then replace it

UKPaul

Thanks guys, spoke to Claus at Wilbers USA $750 3 week delivery.

I tried Hagon in November of last year, at that time they were not making one for the 05 maybe that's changed.

I will keep you guys posted on the progress.

Rod

My first post....! With a new tiger..

How much can you raise/lower the front forks thru the yoke?

I'm in contact with Wilbers with same idea, they can supply a shock (part number 640-630-00) for 429eur with upto 40mm reduction in length. They will tailor the shock for your weight and proposed style of riding and different colour springs/adjusters. Adjustments for compression and preload, I think they are better than the Hagons.

I have fitted Wilbers to my Rocket and am very pleased with them so far.

Rod

PaulBerg

Bob is right. Hagon do a replacement rear shock for 05 / 06 Tigers with height lowering feature, even though it is not on their web list yet. You drop the front forks an equivalent amount.

They mailed me: "Thanks for the enquiry.

We are now able to supply the lowering monoshock for the ' 05 Tiger. Reductions of between 20 and 50mm in seat height are available at a price of £295.00 "

www.hagon-shocks.co.uk

Paul

UKPaul

Ordered a Hagon shock from Dave Quinn Motorcycles in CT who is the Hagon dealer in U.S. www.davequinnmotorcycles.com  $435 with manual preload adjustment & around $20 UPS Delivered to CA. Spoke with Dave who was really helpful, should take about 4 weeks choice of 50mm (just under 2") or 30mm (just over1") I ordered the 50mm as I can always adjust the seat upward if I feel it's too low. Dave tells me they have been getting good feedback on these shocks. I will let you guys know how it works out.

Thanks for the help guys.

Paul

Onedownfiveup

The other option is to have lots of pints and British food at Shakespeare's in San Diego. I heard guiness makes your legs grow.

I hope the Hagons work for you, Paul. Let us know.

Jamey
\'05 Lucifer, \'01 Stage 2 GP1200R,  \'96 WaveBlaster II, 2005 Viper SRT-10

martingilly

Jamie is right. I was going to lower my Tiger and went as afar as to order the Hagon Shock that UKpaul suggested.,,,,THEN I went down to the Shakespeares Pub in San Diego drank thirteen pints of Gunness and ate a tasty plate of the best Fish and Chips in town et VOILA I no longer need the bike lowered. Coincidentally on the same day as the Guinness and fish and chip exercise occurred I happened to get my new motorbike boots arrive in the mail from here http://www.whitehorsepress.com/product_ ... ts_id=5353

They have about an inch worth of heal and I can now flat foot theTiger. I am 5' 10" with a 32" inside leg.. after the Gunness and Chip incident that is.

Cheers

Martin

jp4evr

See, now I had a totally different experience.   I usually felt shorter after many pints at Shakespear's - at least i always seemed to be looking at the ceiling by the end of the night.... ah, memories.
2000 TIGER - Current - finally....

2000 TT600 - now my wife\'s ring

1997 CBR 600F2 - sold

1998 Suzuki - Bottom of ravine - Oops!