News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tourability of the steamer?

Started by eviltwin, February 02, 2006, 05:14:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eviltwin

Sorry guys, I'm not too lazy to use the search button, I simply have no time to dig through all that info. I'm thinking about a '95 tiger - this will be my first touring bike for extended two-up riding - and I don't know enough about the whole adv.touring aftermarket deal.  A sportbike convert needs your help! :?

So here goes:

1. Is the stock seat good enough for two up weekends? (esp. pillon)

2. What company makes a top box or sissy-bar/backrest for a '95 885?    

Where to get the best price?

3. Are there any options on different windscreens for the steamer?

4. How about a good performance shock?

Thanks in advance  :D
Es ist nicht deine Schuld dass die Welt ist wie sie ist, es waer\' nur deine Schuld wenn sie so bleibt!

TigerTrax

Evil....

There are a few Steamer riders on the 'net' who have plenty of saddle time on their Steamer. I personally have ridden 10-12 hours a day in every kind of imaginable weather ... you name it! On superslab or 2 lane, the triple just hummms!

1. GREAT TOURING BIKE  .... PERIOD!

Let the 'rockets go by' ... just settle in at 70 - 75 mph and ride in comfort all day ..

2. Pillion: Let's just say if she has a skinny butt .... you'll bothe feel better!

3. The stock seat will give you butt burn in 100 miles. Don't screw around, get a good seat. I have a Corbin Dual Canyon. Good for me/good for pillion.

4. Shock: Somewhere around 40,000 - 50,000 the rear shock will go kaput.  Replace it with a Hagon for abot $370; OEM $700  Ohlins $600

5. Fork Springs: Replace them.

6. Let someone who knows what they are doing tune the bike and you won't have to touch it for 3 years.

See you at the Tiger Ride-In .... June 8-10 2005  Hiawassee, GA
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

apache

Last good ride I made on my 97 was 12 hrs of mixed, about 6 hrs highway and 6 off road trails which included Ice,snow ,rain,rocks, sand , one crash and sun all in one swell day. My ass hurt indeed but sitting in my recliner isnt anymore comfy and no where near as fun. 2 up I dont know, the misses has her own scoot. buy it , ride it, have fun.