News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Triumph and MCN

Started by Chris Canning, February 21, 2006, 06:21:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Canning

With photos that have appeared in the comic recently,i've felt that it's a well organised photo opportunity for both parties,but after the story i was told a couple of days ago about their relationship is so bad that the comic have to buy their own long termers,it's a shame the internet make it a very small world(here in the UK) that i can't tell the whole story,but i think you can say the pictures of new models appearing in the paper is more a case of MCN trying to stick it to the factory in a tit for tat war.

kevm

Something to do with MCN taking a Daytona from Triumph that had only done a few miles and still had its running in oil in.  They did one of their "thrash it for 24 hrs with no maintenance" tests and the Daytona's engine blew up.  Tossers.

I suspect they need each other and have put their differences aside.  There is no way there is not collusion going on with these pics.  

Come on Chris, spill the beans mate, that's what these forums are for  - you can't say "I know something really interesting but I'm not going to tell you" - best not say anything at all.

djr

MCN is a rag. The pics I've seen from it so far have been nothing more than photoshop mock ups.

You honestly think Triumph are going to give them the inside scoop when they tend nowadays to have a thing for Bike mag (see the exclusive they gave them on the 675!).

Chris Canning

The mags may all be emap,but don't get confused thinking their all in the same boat cuz they ain't the 675 that was in the comic the other week?? they had to buy that!!!!,as in go to a dealer just like anyone else!!!.