News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

FS: Crash bars, skid plate, radiator guard etc.

Started by Sasquatch, February 17, 2006, 03:38:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sasquatch

Ladies and gents, here is your chance to own a one of a kind set of crash bars for your 955 Tiger.  Only two sets in existance  :lol: .

This is the set that my father and I made a pair of for our Tigers.  Happy Trails ended up producing their own version of them that they used my bike as the model for.  They left the set on my bike so I no longer need my originals.

They look a bit "Utilitarian" but in many ways I think they look better than the HT setup.  We have crash tested the set on dads bike and they worked perfectly.

Here are the photos that I have.  You get the full setup.  Make me an offer.  Anything over $150 and I will cover shipping.  This set took us about 60 hours to fab and build.  They are all powdercoated black (not paint).

¥TigerTamer?

2005 Triumph Tiger 955i

2004 Triumph Daytona 955i SE (sold)

1995 Triumph Trophy 1200 (RIP)

Sasquatch

Since there seems to be some interest.  To make things fair I will do it this way.  Whoever PM's me with the highest bid by Monday at midnight, has them.

I will answer questions here in the forum so everyone can see.

QuoteDo you have to modify the bike at all?

No, direct bolt up.  They install the same way that the Thunderbike bars mount.  You can download installation instructions from their website.  I would actually suggest you do that so that you get all the torque spec's correct.

I will add this disclaimer.  I do not like the way our sump guard turned out.  A little "squared off" for me.  But, it is effective at keeping rocks thrown up from the front tire from smacking your oil lines, oil filter and the very volnurable oil drain plug boss.

So, with that, my father bought the Happy Trail skid plate and mount and was able to mount it up to our bars with only some minor tweaking.  So that is an option to you.  You can get their sump guard (it is nice) and mount it to these bars.  Or just run the bash plate I designed, it's up to you.

¥TigerTamer?

Quote from: "Sasquatch"Since there seems to be some interest.  To make things fair I will do it this way.  Whoever PM's me with the highest bid by Monday at midnight, has them.

Well?

Inquiring minds want to know.

2005 Triumph Tiger 955i

2004 Triumph Daytona 955i SE (sold)

1995 Triumph Trophy 1200 (RIP)

Sasquatch

Quote from: "¥TigerTamer™"
Quote from: "Sasquatch"Since there seems to be some interest.  To make things fair I will do it this way.  Whoever PM's me with the highest bid by Monday at midnight, has them.

Well?

Inquiring minds want to know.

TigerTamer has the high bid.  PM sent.