News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Repainted Tiger finished !

Started by russ_fae_fyvie, November 20, 2005, 04:03:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

russ_fae_fyvie

Right the little repaining job is all now finished and although there are a couple of small jobbies to do yet (fit the new Supersprok Gold/Black Rear Sprocket and Gold DID Chain, also give the gaiters and engine blcok a good scrub!) I've taken soem preliminary photos to let ya see what its like.

List of jobs done:

1. Repained by AIR DEVILS to my instructions. The paint is new to the UK and has a 3D effect with 16 layers of laquer.

2. Front and Rear Wheels Plastic Coated by Candy Wheels

3. New Blue Flame Twin Port Carbon Can

4. SUPERSPROX Rear Sprocket

5. PIAA Driving Lights

6. Mikes Grills (for Oil and Water Rads)

7. Custom Mirrors

8. O2 Senson Eliminator

9. NGK Iridium Spark Plugs

10. K&N Air Filter

11. Twin Headling Mod (with 100w Philips bulbs)

I've got a load more on my web page

http://www.quinlanr.freeserve.co.uk/tiger.htm including the new sprocket thats not fitted yet.

I know its all down to personal taste, but I like it!

Foxy

That's um, striking. :)

speedjunkie

Amazing job and amount of work there!  Now the only problem for me would be, I'd be scared to death to ride it or even touch it, in fear of damaging that beautiful paint job.

Mike
\'01 LC4 640E

\'06 Triumph Tiger

russ_fae_fyvie

Yeah I know what you mean !

These guys also painted my Blackbird 4 years ago and I had the same dilema then, but after the initial shock, (and some protection from invisible plastic film coating from Tank Slappers) I just got on with it. It also helps because the paint is that thick stonechips rarely cause a problem. After 30k miles on the Blackbird since, the paint is still as good as new.

All my bikes are practical bikes, not for hiding in the garage even through the winter, I just like them to look different !

greg

2004 Girly.

greg

I also note you have a Blue Flame end can, any good?
2004 Girly.

russ_fae_fyvie

Wont really know until I get the baffles taken out and the mapping redone this week, I'll be interested to see how it goes after that as well as the K&N Filter and O2 Sensor thingy, will report back once its done.

:shock:

noivson

Just personal taste here. The prior pics didn't do the whole project justice. I wasn't sure if it was 'over the top' or too much 'bling'

Seeing the complete bike, Fantastic!  it pays to hold keep things to ones self once in a while! :D
Ride More-Worry Less! \'05 Lucifer Orange \'S\'

russ_fae_fyvie

Cheers, trouble is the photos aint come out very well but I will be taking better ones next weekend which will hopefully show the paint off better than it looks on these.

watch this space !!

squarepeg

Awesome work.  That 3D grassy effect has me totally baffled.

Whose crashbars do you have attached?
a squarepeg in sj

\'05 Triumph 955i Tiger

\'05 Honda VT750  Shadow Aero

russ_fae_fyvie

The crash bars are from Jack Lilley with the stupid mesh panel removed and then plastic coated.

The paint is from the good 'ol US of A !!

Its from a company called Ailsa Corp and its the first time it's been used over here in the UK. The guys who painted it http://www.airdevils.co.uk showed me the Ailsa web site http://www.alsacorp.com/products/crystalfx/crystalfx_prodinfo.htm and I chose it from there, this particular one is the CRYSTAL FX one, I think it looks damn good but still reminds me of the old school joke of buying a pot of stripy paint !!

Bull

I just checked the funny paint at the web site - weird!
\"Inconsistency is the mark of genius.\"  Emerson

russ_fae_fyvie

Yeah they certainly have a different choice of paints, I wasn't sure how it would look really until it was finished but as you can see I am well happy with it !! :lol:

For more up to date photos have a lookie here http://www.triumph-tiger.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1986