News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Steamer carb question (mikunis)

Started by apache, February 19, 2006, 05:30:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

apache

I finally got around to doing my jetting. In a couple weeks Im having my slips ons made so it should be good to go. I have a 97 BTW, I was curious for those of you that have tore into the Mikunis, are the stock needles clipped? mine were and best I could tell from mic`ing them their the same as the ones in the jet kit I got. The clips were stock in the middle of 5 avaliable slots. I also set the float levels. 2 were 1/8" to high and 1 on the money. I installed 112 mains also and synced the carbs,new air filter. What a difference!! thing idles smooth and quiet. Thing pulls like a freight train just how I like it. Ill try to post some pics of my exhaust when done. might be able to con my friend into mass producing some Tiger stuff.