News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Problem with VIN number

Started by tonyb, April 02, 2006, 11:31:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tonyb

Hi can anybody help me with a problem im having i just recieved my V5 back and it hasent got a vin  number but only a chassis number. How do i identify a VIN  number for this :?
One who asks a question is a fool for five minutes; one who does not ask a question remains a fool forever

apache

Explain? just got your 05 back? or V5? whats a V5.

there should be vin numbers on the steering head and Im not sure about the motor but typically is either above the clutch case top or a raised casting with them stamped in.

wasions

My 06 also has the VIN on the electronics box under the pillion.
Steve

Gear up!

<*}}}><

\'06 Tiger, \'99 DR350

iansoady

Quote from: "tonyb"Hi can anybody help me with a problem im having i just recieved my V5 back and it hasent got a vin  number but only a chassis number. How do i identify a VIN  number for this :?

The current V5C has field E which is VIN/Chassis/Frame No. - essentially these are all the same thing. You can find yours stamped into the RHS of the steering column and on a plate under the seat.

When I bought my 04 second hand, it had the wrong V5 - correct registration number but incorrect VIN. They dealer had had two at the same time and put the wrong plates on them...............

Fortunately I noticed after a couple of months and the dealer sorted it out.
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650

NoBBy

Quote from: "apache"Explain? just got your 05 back? or V5? whats a V5.

there should be vin numbers on the steering head and Im not sure about the motor but typically is either above the clutch case top or a raised casting with them stamped in.

A V5 is the UK registration documents like the USA pink slips