News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Chain adjustment

Started by TRKTEK, April 12, 2006, 07:42:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TRKTEK

I'm trying to discover the best adjustment tricks for simplicity.......

So picking the brains of the "Old Vets" of the tiger world seemed to be the best start......

Last fall just prior to the first snowfall I bought myself a 2005 silver Tiger.

Very impressed so far.....

The owners manual is quite vague, it says "sidestand" and shows "centrestand" .

Whats the best way to align the wheel and easiest way to measure the deflection?

I feel a little silly asking newby questions but I'm a chain newby, the past 20 years I've had both shaft driven and belt driven M/C's :oops:
The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

John Kenneth Galbraith

greg

Masses of info on this in earlier threads, have a search.
2004 Girly.

greg

Masses of info on this in earlier threads, have a search.
2004 Girly.

apache

I like to compress the rear suspension with tiedowns to the point of making the distance between the axle and sprocket the farthest.(usually having the swingarm at level and making the chain the tightest) This would be the the point where the chain will need to be adjusted as tight as its gonna get. anything from there will be looser but thats the way its gotta be. putting mass strain on the chain and sprockets will lead to unnecessary failures and $$$$.

TRKTEK

Good info.... thank  you Gents

It was waaaaay too tight , good thing I only went a couple of K's

Steve
The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

John Kenneth Galbraith