News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

tire pressure settings?

Started by bretzg, April 19, 2006, 05:22:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bretzg

I'm taking my '05 Tiger to a track day at Willow Springs Raceway in Lancaster, CA (north of LA) this Saturday. The course we'll be riding is a short 1-mile track with a lot of elevation changes and sharp turns. Top speed may be 75-80 as we're with instructors and again, even the main straight isn't that long. What do you guys think I should use for tire pressure on the stock Anakees? I want to put them at one pressure for the 8-hour ride from Phoenix to the track, the day on the track and then a three-day ride after that. I really don't want to be messing with pumping them up and down a bunch of times. I usually run them at 36 front and 42 rear. Will have just me on the bike plus both side panniers filled with clothes, no other luggage. Thanks for the thoughts.
gary b

There is a theory that you should drop the pressures a couple of lbs for a track day. I, however would leave them standard to start with because that's how you're use to them so the bike will feel the same. If the pace hots up and you feel things getting skittish, you could drop them a bit then.

You could make a note of the pressures after a normal ride when they're hot and compare this with the pressures you get at the track. Then you can adjust as necessary.

bretzg

That's what I was thinking, start at my normal pressure and if doesn't feel good on the track, I'm sure they'll have air compressors that I can add a few pounds or take them out and then put them back before I hit the highway.
gary b