News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Check the Torque on Your Center Stands

Started by tigerhund, April 24, 2006, 06:12:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tigerhund

After being told by several people to check the four fastener/stop hex head bolts on my Tiger's center stand for proper tension, I did it yesterday and found all four very easy to tighten.  I looked in my shop manual for a torque spec and found none, so I did it by feel.  

Although I do not know what the torque setting is supposed to be, I am pretty confident that it is not as loose as the four fasteners on my bike were set.

tyrebyter

Standard torque for 6mm class 8.8 fastener is 12 Nm, 8mm is 30Nm. Those screws are forever coming loose. Clean them and the holes real good and use some red Loc-Tite.
\'01 Camo Tiger

\'98 Speed Triple

Quote from: "tyrebyter"Standard torque for 6mm class 8.8 fastener is 12 Nm, 8mm is 30Nm. Those screws are forever coming loose. Clean them and the holes real good and use some red Loc-Tite.

Or, put a nut on the back of the bolt which will act like a lock-nut. Which is what I did and they're still tight 3 years after.