News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

1999_Black_885i...Wheel Conversion ????

Started by 1999_Black_885i, April 23, 2006, 09:39:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1999_Black_885i

Firstly Hi to everyone here. I look forward to being part of the forum.

I am wondering what is involved to change the 17" wire spoked wheels on my bike for a set of 3 spoke black alloys taken from a 03 Daytona ?

I have seen pics of these done and was wondering how involved a job it is ?

Thanks for any help.

Rob

Foxy

I doubt they were Daytona wheels - that would be far too much work as I'm pretty sure the front wouldn't fit a Tiger's front forks as stock. More likely to be aftermarket wheels such as Dymags. While they are expensive they would probably end up cheaper than trying to make Daytona wheels fit, and if you already have 17" wire spoked wheels there really wouldn't by much benefit.

1999_Black_885i

Thanks for the reply Foxy. yes I have 17" wheels on it. Maybe not much benefit but my do they look pretty on a black Tiger !!

Anyone else able to give me any info on these or has any member got a tiger running on 3 spoke alloys ??

tia

Chris Canning

If you need info on fitting old triumph 3 spokes try either of the Tiger Yahoo boards.

I've run both 17" spoked wheels and the latest 7 spoke Dymag's which were put on two weeks ago,haveing just staggered in the door from the Le-Mans 24 hour race,have say even better than i exspected.