News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Brake pedal height

Started by T»n»r», April 18, 2006, 09:40:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T»n»r»

Here's a quicky:  Can I raise my 955 brake pedal? Ò I find it a bit low.

iansoady

There's a little bit of adjustment on the actuating rod where it goes into the master cylinder but not much. Pain to get at as well.
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650

Quote from: "iansoady"There's a little bit of adjustment on the actuating rod where it goes into the master cylinder but not much. Pain to get at as well.

There's actually quite a lot of adjustment. One turn on the thread of the adjuster is magnified at the pedal about 5 times. The easiest way I found to adjust is to unhook the spring, then take the pivot bolt right out. Then the pedal drops off with the adjuster attached. And while it's out you can put some copper slip on the pivot to keep that happy. :wink:

T»n»r»

Cheers,

IÌll give it a go this weekend.

Chris Canning

Strangely enough,thats the first thing i've done on all three Tigers that i've had,with the standard set up must be a lot double jointed ankles about!!!

Brother Number One

On all other bikes I•ve had, I•ve had to adjust the brake pedal the other way.  I•m 6•4" so my foot tends to point downwards on the peg.  My point is, even I need to RAISE the lever like everyone else.  So who is the standard set-up for?  :?:
2015-16 USA & C.America: http://sawthingsclearer.com (click it, click it, click iiiit) 04 silver Tiger, Touratech Zega panniers, CCC titanium can, NWS hugger

Quote from: "Brother Number One"So who is the standard set-up for?  :?:

Someone else. Always.

ghostbiker955i

Dont know why i didnt spot it before, when i ride i tend to cover the rear break leaver with my foot. and i have been getting a lot of pain in my right foot from i thought vibes. but turns out it was the damn leaver hight, a few turns and feels much better now :) wooohooo
If it aint broke, I aint touched it! .........Yet!