News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Opening up the list (?)

Started by Doug95, October 08, 2003, 05:25:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug95

Wondering what BigDave - and everyone else - thought about opening up this forum for riders of all Hinckley Triumph models  :?:   BigDave did a hell of a good job with this site, IMO, so just trying to think of ways to make it bigger/more active....just speaking honestly, I think it'll be hard to attract a lot of discussion, simply because the Tiger List has gotten pretty well known/established over the last 4-5 years.  Most of the existing members of that list have already discussed everything a million times......

There's also a Hinckley Triumph board:  Triumphrat.net, so maybe that isn't totally the answer, either.  I'd just like to see the thing really take off after BigDave went to all the trouble......

Doug
If you\'ve never stared off into the distance, then your life is a shame.....

- Counting Crows

RobZ

Get the women and the guys will follow  :D

Bull

I don't want to knock your idea Doug, but I'd be more inclined to be patient.

I'm sure this'll work - something this good can't not work.

... just wait and see............ :wink:
\"Inconsistency is the mark of genius.\"  Emerson

BigDave

I appreciate all new ideas.  Keep em coming.  This thing has been up for 4 days and there are 58 users and 150 articles!  The magority of registed users are not posting.  I will be sending out an email to everyone about once a month.

I originally thought about doing a "big dual sport" board but I don't even want to try to go head to head with Advrider.  Other than the Yahoo list, I didnt see much other Tiger boards so here we are.  

I'd say that if after 30-45 days we are not growing much, I will start to look at some more radical ideas.  Not sure I want to be a catch-all for all Hinkley Triumphs.  I really hope we can make this a unique place for our unique bikes.

I'll be tweaking things in the mean time.  I have been messing with the colors to make the subBlack theme easier on the eyes.  I am also looking at combining a few sections till we have more posts.  STAY TUNED!  :P

BigDave

Also, I have taken some time to link up on other bike pages.  Please feel free to spread the word.  You never know where you might find some cat somewhere that really doesn't knw about the Yahoo list, Advrider or ever TriumphRat.net

Doug95

Hey - suits me!  I think it's a great forum, I hope it goes big!

Doug
If you\'ve never stared off into the distance, then your life is a shame.....

- Counting Crows