News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

New to the Tiger

Started by Anonymous, May 12, 2006, 06:34:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blacktiger

Bill here, :D  also a new owner of a 06 Tiger traded a 06 Scrambler for it , The Scrambler was just not right for me after coming off a 03 Goldwing. I also would like to know what kind of trust I can put on this bike ? I am for the most part a distance rider 400 plus miles on a Saturday are typical rides much of this done in the mountains of NC. some gravel roads and some dirt roads but for the most part tarmack. In a normal riding season which for me is year round I'll put about 15 to 18 K miles on a bike.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

Brother Number One

Sounds like ya got the perfect bike to me  :D
2015-16 USA & C.America: http://sawthingsclearer.com (click it, click it, click iiiit) 04 silver Tiger, Touratech Zega panniers, CCC titanium can, NWS hugger

jp4evr

expect no problems on reliability, speed, handling.  You are going to love this bike.  If I could afford an '06, I would jump on one immediately.  

Have fun...

by the way... 400 miles on a saturday is nothing.  that's not even two tanks of gas...
2000 TIGER - Current - finally....

2000 TT600 - now my wife\'s ring

1997 CBR 600F2 - sold

1998 Suzuki - Bottom of ravine - Oops!

blacktiger

Thanks for the replys , In just a short week of riding this bike I have found it has virtues than even the mighty Goldwing does not have , weight being the major factor for me , wing 900 lbs pluss Tiger 474 lbs. This bike with the top box packs almost as well as the wing yet I can move it in nurtral with eaze. Passing power very close to the wing maybe a tad better. So far so GOOD !

JRO

Welcome back to the world of motorcles.  I also have an '06, purchased back in October.  I've put 6,000+ miles on it, so far.  No problems.

I also came off a big tourer (Broken Motor Works K1200LT - suicide rear drive junk garage queen bike, for the affluent weekender).  It took me a little while to adapt (I hated it the first week), but I'm much happier now than I ever was on a GW or LT.  It's like riding a motorcycle, again.  The change in weight/nimbleness is wonderful, isn't it?

A lot of these Tiger riders complain about top-heaviness, but coming off an LT, I laugh at them.  It does have a high center of gravity, so you still need to watch out in those parking lots, even if it's easier to handle.  I've never dropped mine (never dropped a loaded tourer, either), but it can happen.

A Tiger with a topbox does pack about as much gear as a GW.  It will carry 7 2-liters of Coke, a gallon of milk, and a loaf of bread... With a little room left over.  I imagine it would carry about 2 dozen chiuauas; possibly more.  I don't have any chiuauas, so I'm not sure.

Passing power is much better than a Goldwing.  You can pass Goldwings, all day long.  It will contiune to get better and better, over the next several thousand thousand miles.   I've been told you can't expect max power,  until around 8,000 (personally, I think mine has topped out).  Watch out for this increase, as it can come as a surprise.  You'll jump on your bike one day, zip onto the freeway, and suddenly think it's possesed.  It isn't.  It won't puke green-pea soup on you, or speak in tounges, so don't let the devil make you rear-end the car in front of you.  The power increase as the motor settles in is the stongest, most noticable, of any bike I remember having.

If you find the wind is too much for you, read up on windsheild alternatives.  I went with a CeeBailey's +6+8, wider and taller, and it took care of my problem.  Some prefer a smaller, sport screen to alleviate this complaint.

Oh, and the rear brake can be grabby, so take care.
JRO

2006 Tiger

Brother Number One

Quote from: "JRO"A lot of these Tiger riders complain about top-heaviness

I find the COG surprisingly low and put it down to the placcy tank.
2015-16 USA & C.America: http://sawthingsclearer.com (click it, click it, click iiiit) 04 silver Tiger, Touratech Zega panniers, CCC titanium can, NWS hugger

blacktiger

Well I'll tell you what and I don't mean this in any diss repectfull manor , I feel good leaving the Japanese and Harley side of the tracks. It has been time for a change  , not that there is any thing wronge with the above metioned bikes but as Triumph puts it " Go your own way" I kinda like that ! This Thursday I will head to Young Harris GA. for four days of mountain riding with my club , this our 1st rally so I am reay "up" to see how the Tiger handles the Dragon of which I am no stranger to.:shock:

TRKTEK

When asked by my Harley riding buddies why I bought that wierd looking Triumph I tell them I needed a change...." I thought I would try Speed, comfort, reliability and handling"     It is a bit of a conversation stopper...

Steve
The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

John Kenneth Galbraith

Brother Number One

Aye, or you could just say you like your bikes to look a bit like Harry Potter  :wink:

blacktiger

Well I was tinking a little more like Nemo the talking Fish. But Volkswagons also grew on me go figure ! :P

TigerTrax

Hope you'll join us for the 4th annual Tiger Ride-In

June 8-10 Hiawassee, GA
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

blacktiger

Can I get details ?

BULLman

Quote from: "Bill Reber"Can I get details ?

There is a yahoo_group site for the RideIns

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/us_tiger_ride_ins/

Email from mailto:us_tiger_ride_ins@yahoogroups.com">us_tiger_ride_ins@yahoogroups.com

QuoteTiger Ride-In HIAWASSEE

June 8-10 2006: Hiawassee, GA in North Georgia.

Our event will coincide with the British in the Blue Ridge Rally of

vintage British bikes.

This town of 800 is nestled in the Appalachian Mtns loaded with

sightseeing, waterfalls, twisties, and forest trails for atv &

motorcycles.

Camping & hoteling. Hqtrs: Holiday Inn Express

I hope to pull 100 Tigers for this event!

Email about lodging

QuoteFolks ..I made an error on the rates at the Holiday Inn Express ..

MY FAULT .... Rate is $79/night ( $39.50 if you double up ).

Arrangements have been made at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel and

Georgia Mountain Campground on Chatuge Lake, BOTH in Hiawassee, GA.

Tell them you are part of the Tiger Ride-In event June 8 -10.

MAKE RESERVATIONS ASAP ... this is a tourist area and they fill up

months in advance.

Georgia Mountain Campground: Make reservations ASAP .. they are BUSY.

They have blocked 30 tent sites for us.  $16 per night.

This is a Full Service campground, including RV

hook-up ( separate area ).

It is 1 mile from the hotel: Holiday Inn Express ( HQ hotel )

Georgia Mountain Campground

1311 Music Hall Rd Hiawassee, GA

Holiday Inn Express  ( Stephanie or Bob )Reservations by April 15.

300 Big Sky Drive

Hiawassee, GA 30546

(706) 896-8884

Reserved a block of 40 double occupancy rooms (2 queen beds )

Rate is $79/night

This will be my first Tiger Ride In.

Hope to see you there.
BULLman

\'02 Tiger

Brother Number One

Quote from: "Bill Reber"Can I get details ?

Any UK/Europe dates?  :roll: