News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Dyno!

Started by ghostbiker955i, May 01, 2006, 01:03:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ghostbiker955i

Was down at the Paignton bike show today and noticed a dyno. Affter taking my last bike from a 96bhp to a 140bhp neck snaper i thought i would have a little run with the tiger.

Gota say i was fairly impressed. now this isnt a full dyno, it just shows a power curv and a bhp and speed max.

was a nice smooth curve, with only a slight lul in mid range.

Only engine mods so far are a replacement KnN filter and an O2 sensor bypass. no remap.

wanted to get a basic run before i slowly start to make a few changes.

Basicly 91 bhp at the wheel and a top speed of 135. this is about right to, as i have hit 130 on the GPS system speedo (privet road officer)

If it aint broke, I aint touched it! .........Yet!

Brother Number One

Hmm, I would be interested to before 'n' after curves for the race can and remap.  :)
2015-16 USA & C.America: http://sawthingsclearer.com (click it, click it, click iiiit) 04 silver Tiger, Touratech Zega panniers, CCC titanium can, NWS hugger

erwinvw

How do you do an O2 sensor mod and does it work on the 2000 model.

Will it affect how the bike runs etc....?reliability

TigerTrax

I recently traded this Steamer for an '06 Tiger.

BUt my dyno chart was almost perfect. In fact the shop owner told me he rarely sees a runout chart like my '98 delivered.

I cannot remember the numbers but the chart went almost immediately

STRAIGHT UP then STRAIGHT ACROSS with ZERO luls ....

That Steamer ran like a scalded dog after it was set up.

Just a note.

If you want to spend the money to dyno .... make certain you have someone who can do the initial run and tell you what your bike is doing and what it needs. THEN ... make those adjustments .... and not necessarily with a factory re-mapping program.

Get ready to spend serious bucks!
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

JRO

It's nice to see the performance values are about as advertised.
JRO

2006 Tiger