News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Coolant Change

Started by Bliker, February 11, 2007, 10:44:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bliker

I'm getting ready to change the coolant on my 04 Tiger. I've heard some people have trouble getting an air bubble in the system, causing overheating problems. Any suggestions to avoid this or just drain and refill
2004 Tiger

iansoady

Make sure you take out the bleed screw and see the coolant fill up the hole. It's also a good opportunity to check that the hoses to the expansion tank are the right way round.

Even from completely empty mine didn't quite take the full amount as in the workshop manual - I suspect this volume includes the expansion tank.
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650

randel

Haynes manual says, that you should fill up with coolant SLOWLY, to let air escape. I followed that guideline and had no problems with my '01 Tiger.
2001 Roulette Green Tiger