News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Permits needed to ride OHM Trails?

Started by SavageTodd, May 26, 2006, 06:16:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SavageTodd

Finally got my 2000 Tiger.

Rode it 1600mi home so plenty of pavement test riding.

Wanting to ride in MN and wondering how the Tiger is classified in terms of permits needed for riding state trails.

In MN, they have licenses and permits for everything. But the Tiger is NOT an ATV nor an Off-Highway Motorcycle, which both need permits.

Any experience from other MN riders or elsewhere that my face similar permit issues? I have enogh trouble with the Law and wanting to avoid any future issues :>

Love the forum......
2000 Tiger 900 - Black

2000 Vstar 1100 classic

Mudhen

I'm not from MN...but if nobody responds you may try the MN gov't website.

I've searched both my NH one, and the ME one since I'm moving up there next month.  And they're both completely different.  In NH you need to register the bike as an OHRV if you're going off road on land other than your own (pissed me off at first, until the point got made that OHRV reg's pay for trails, whereas street reg's don't).

In ME, if your bike is registered for the road, you don't need an off road reg.

So...good luck!

Pat

(and don't forget your crank breather mod before you go   :lol: )
\'96 Steamer

TigerTrax

Seems to me  it's off road capable for trails and some OHV trails thru the woods.

They may be most interested in your exhaust having a  spark arrestor...

that I cannot comment about.
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

SavageTodd

Found out in MN here even a street legal motorcycle, if planned to be used off-road on trails needs their OHV tag. Only 30$ for a 3 yr tag so not sooo bad I guess.

PS - I'll do some searches on the crank mods and spark arrestor. Thx
2000 Tiger 900 - Black

2000 Vstar 1100 classic

Mudhen

Quote from: "TigerTrax"They may be most interested in your exhaust having a  spark arrestor...

that I cannot comment about.

I've wondered about that myself...any idea how you figure out if you have one of those?  I always thought it was just a dirtbike issue, but I think I read somewhere that it can be an issue with any can?
\'96 Steamer