News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Problems getting my leg over..

Started by T100LESS, May 25, 2006, 05:29:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T100LESS

Daft question I know, but if  I dont know the correct answer,it could cost me a lot of money and look very stupid.

When all packed for a camping trip,with back box,side panniers on and a tent strapped to the pillion seat,I find it very hard to get on and off the Tiger without doing damage to myself and the paintwork.

Now the question,will the side stand take the weight of myself, 15 stone and the the bike,if I mount up using the peg to stand on?

Clemski

Hi ya,

The way I do it, is put her on the centre stand, left foot on the peg and then just swing your leg over. :P
Just love riding my Tiger, anywhere and everywhere.

wasions

I almost always ride with all three boxes.  I mount/dismount with the sidestand down and look pretty stupid - but I'm kinda old, so people usually just chuckle and go about their business.   :)
Steve

Gear up!

<*}}}><

\'06 Tiger, \'99 DR350

Clemski

I woul'dnt worry about that, I 've taken my dad away a couple of times as pillion to Germany and he's 75, and he finds it a lot better to get on the back when the bikes on the centre stand :P
Just love riding my Tiger, anywhere and everywhere.

Foxy

Grow some proper legs :)

If it is just boxes on board I don't have a problem swinging my leg over the top box. If I have anything strapped to the back seat it just means I have to swing higher :)

NortonCharlie

I just stand on the peg and step over, no problems with the stand holding up.  I think that is a problem with the Steamers (pre FI).  I have seen pictures of some bent stands on those
01 Dew Green 955i Tiger

02 Sprint RS

74 Norton 850 Commando

klingklang

I run in front of the bike, put my foot on the front wheel, jump in the air, touch a bit the handlebar then make a double flip and a twist to fall right on my seat. Then a full line of women aplause  and want to get out with me. Ok a corbin is a bit hard on the jewels but with pratice, it is not that bad. Hey, dont laught, it is really like that in my head but in fact I put my feet on the side peg while on the side stand while and old woman say what the hell are you doing. stop that noisy thing   :wink:

Wrangler

I've done the centerstand, one foot on peg and swingover.

I wouldn't trust trying the same thing on the side stand.  You also have to consider the base that the sidestand is on.  Gravel, no way.  Hot tarmac, no way.

I can put a foot on the ground raise my leg like a dog and swing it over most times.  I have few collisions the paniers sometimes if I'm wearing  cold weather overpants or tired or both.

I remember picking the bike up from the dealer with the three bags mounted and thinking and trying how do I do this without looking foolish
I\'ve been from Tucson to Tucumcari

Tehachapi to Tonopah

HockleyBoy

Side stand and stand on the peg works for me and dosen't seem to have had any affect on the stand.
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

GatorTiger

Quote from: "T100LESS"When all packed for a camping trip,with back box,side panniers on and a tent strapped to the pillion seat,I find it very hard to get on and off the Tiger without doing damage to myself and the paintwork.

Here is how I (35" inseam) do it:

- stand on the the ground on the left side of the cat, facing it

- make a step forward, lifting right leg as high as possible

- while falling forward turn upper body 90 deg to the left

- start the engine

- go

8)

No pegs or center stand involved. And the only thing my boot might touch is the seat...
Triumph Tiger - The ultimate riding machine! \";-)\"

Know this:  A clean Tiger is a dirty shame!!

klingklang

Quotemake a step forward, lifting right leg as high as possible

doesnt work!

:lol:

TigerTrax

At 6'5" tall ...

I just whistle for Tiger and she comes rolling over ..... right thru my legs..

and I drop down. ( The mirrors can be a problem!)
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'