News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Spy pics of 2007 Tiger

Started by Flying Tiger, June 01, 2006, 03:55:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flying Tiger

tigrridr

Hmmmmmm ... Looks like Brembos on the rotors and Ohlins as the forks. Could it be? Don't fancy the fairing work though - looks too much like a yamma hopper FZ genus...

blacktiger

Looks like a crotch rocket with wheel travel.  I don't like it.  What ever happened to taking a bike down a gravel road or dirt path?
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

Wayne

If that what the new Tiger is going to look like,i guess i'am keeping mine till the wheels fall off

Flying Tiger

It looks like a huge Super-Motard style now.  

I wouldn't mind if Triumph started a Super-Motard line, but KEEP the '02-05 Tiger Adventure Tourer Trailie style of bike.  The 'improvements' for the 2007 Tiger (if they ever release it like the spy pictures) went in a totally different direction than the style of bike that it has become popular for.

Triumph could be riding the "Long Way 'Round" wave that's making BMW adventure bike sell like hot cakes.  Instead, they seem to be changing their Adventure bike in to a street bike.

I think if they keep the current style like the one in the top left  corner of this site, but just added the 1050 bigger motor, coolant/oil cooler protectors, add a nice bash plate underneath and add a shaft drive like the Beemer 1200GS, that would be a great bike. .:D  (I can dream anyway)

wasions

If that's the bike that Triumph had had this year, I would have gotten the Buell Ulysses.  The new Tiger appears to have roughly the same wheelbase as the old, but the obvious lack of pillion amenities, combined with what appears to be a much smaller fuel reservoir, would have cinched the deal for the XB12X, despite it's shortcomings.

Hey Triumph!  You're already tooled up on the standard.  Make both!  Maybe you could lift another name from the old BSA's and call the new one the 'Victor'.   8)
Steve

Gear up!

<*}}}><

\'06 Tiger, \'99 DR350

thx1158

Thank God my dealer found a new 06 at the port. This 07 looks like a transformer. Now if only it would arrive...... :D
RWW

06 Tiger

tiger feet

I'm going to wait and see what is really like, up close and personel!

It's on my shortlist of potential new bikes.

Perhaps Triumph think that BMW and KTM have the Adventure Bike sector sewn up so are taking the Tiger somewhere else?

I quite like the idea of a 'MegaMoto' Tiger with sports touring rubber and firmer suspension. :D

Just one thing, bring back the hydraulic clutch!

Not sure about that colour though?

:idea: Perhaps they'll release a 675 engined Tiger Cub?

Regards,

Tiger Feet.
Four wheels good, two wheels better, three wheels accident!

gatling

I am soooooo glad I bought my '06.  The '07 is fugly.  Looks like a Suzuki or something.  They definitely lost the Triumph character and personality...
Gatling

www.motofoto.cc

2006 KLR 650

2006 Tiger

thx1158

I totally agree. My 06 is now on its way to the dealer and should be in sometime this week.  The 07 looked like a KTM and a Fazer were left alone over night unsupervised.
RWW

06 Tiger

tiger feet

No, it's not the prettiest bike ever made but then niether is the current one?

I still think that the original Tiger 93-98 was the best looking, but I'm probably biased as I had my '97 (98YM) steamer from new:?:

As for losing the character and personality, the presonality may have changed, but then that's evolution for you!

Remember that not evolving and moving with market trends was one of the reasons the British Motorcycle industry went from 'hero to zero' in a little over a decade, and I for one don't want to see that happening again!

As for the character, I think the proof of that will be in the riding:?:

The KTM reference is quite appropriate, as it's going to be a direct competitor for the 950SM.

I'm still going to wait and see, as it might well be the next bike for me :D:?:

Best regards,

Tiger Feet.

thx1158

"Remember that not evolving and moving with market trends was one of the reasons the British Motorcycle industry went from 'hero to zero' in a little over a decade, and I for one don't want to see that happening again! "

Quite correct.  It just seems to me that Triumph could have evolved the tiger along the current lines a bit more. From what I have seen so far, this 07 looks like it could have been a new bike added to the line. Here in the US BWM sells the GS like mad, Buell has the Uly, KTM has its line and there are the two V-Strom's  (The Multi-strada is a bit of a diffrent market I think and Aprillia has a miniscule presences here) so it seems as if there is a  market.  Why not add ABS, upgrade the power plant, and restyle the current tiger a bit price it just a bit above the Uly and below the GS and promote the bike.
RWW

06 Tiger

tiger feet

Yes, they could have evolved it some more, but when and where do you draw the line and start again with a new model?

They could have spilt it into two bikes, one road version and one on/off road?

The Mk2 has already run for some years longer than the Mk1.

Having thought about it a bit more perhaps the demise of the Trophy as the tourer and the Sprint ST going more sporty has led to the realignment of the Tiger is trying to get to cover several bases?

A different kind of 'dual purpose' bike?

Best regards,

Tiger Feet.

GatorTiger

Actual looks of the bike are a matter of taste. Guess the steamer owners had a similarly hard time adjusting to the Girly looks as the Girly owners now have to the 2007 looks (any nicknames out there yet?). Styling of bikes has always been contemporary.

On that note: Why does everything these days have to have that 'grim and angry' look? Whether it's cars (charger etc) or bikes? Do we have to have that mean image to find a bike appealing? Sad...

While certain aspects of the concept appeal to me (Triple, HID lights, triple, upside down forks, triple... 8) ) I don't like the physical setup when using luggage, especially the top box taking the pilion seat! That is BS! The concept Triumph follows is certainly going away from the trailie, and that is what I don't like.

In any case, before everybody gets hype-ed up about it wait until it arrives at the dealer with all options finalized. Then decide if you like it or not...
Triumph Tiger - The ultimate riding machine! \";-)\"

Know this:  A clean Tiger is a dirty shame!!

JRO

I think the bike looks cool.  I wouldn't mind having one, IF...

I didn't have to carry a passenger.

I didn't want to carry luggage.

I didn't mind looking like I was Riding with Nippon.

I didn't want a touring bike.

Hmmm... I guess I don't want one.  But I still think it looks cool.
JRO

2006 Tiger