News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

exhaust collector

Started by erwinvw, May 30, 2006, 07:32:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

erwinvw

I see that Tunderbike in NZ makes a replacement mid-pipe that eliminates the collector/catalyst box.

Looks simple enough that my buddy at the muffler shop could fabricate one for me for much less $$ :D ..

Anybody ever removed this item and what results did you get?

Wondering if I need a new FI remap at the dealer by doing so.

thanks

erwin

Got me puzzled. As far as I'm aware, only the steamers had a collector box and they don't have FI. And no Tigers have got a catastrophic converter. So.....what you talking about?

erwinvw

Mine is fuel injected,, has the header pipes converging into the box under the bike, then routes back out to the can.. Thunderbike sells the pipe that eliminates the box...

Not sure if it gives power improvement, but looks bloody heavy!

Chris Canning

I guess you have a 900i (99/2001 model) when Triumph supplied their race can,it came with the silencer and a short connecting pipe that replaced the square collecter under the motor,this was replaced on the 955 which just had the headers straight through pipe and silencer.

When the kit came out in 99,the dealers hadn't got a clue as which way to run the system,race can on the square collector of take it of and fit the short pipe!!!,what i did find if you keep the square collector there's more torque,the straight through connector made it rev better and a nats more HP,hence why the New Zealanders do the same,with the Thunder pipe.

erwinvw

Thanks Chris...

I guess I'll try it with and without to see what I prefer,