News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Oil Leak

Started by geotiger, June 21, 2006, 03:34:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

geotiger

My 05 tiger with just over 5,000 miles on it has developed an oil leak under/behind the water pump.  Not enough to drip on the pavement over night, but enough to have coated the left side of the engine and side stand and really annoy me.  Typical British seals, my Land Rover leaks everywhere.

Any thoughts???

Thanks,

Nathan
"The one thing we can learn from history is that we don\'t learn from history." - Shaw

apache

Id say something went south, mine never leaks a drop nor has anyone Ive ever seen. Now my HD is another story :lol:

Brother Number One

My 04 is really an 05 (I think, cast wheels?) and has about 23000 on it and does not leak.  At all.  Not a bit.
2015-16 USA & C.America: http://sawthingsclearer.com (click it, click it, click iiiit) 04 silver Tiger, Touratech Zega panniers, CCC titanium can, NWS hugger

geoff

My 2006 Tiger was weeping some oil from the clutch lever spindle where it enters the clutch cover . The bike has only done 500km :cry: .

I did some looking and discovered that the bike dealer had overfilled the engine by about 1.5 litres! I have no idea why this happened other than maybe the dealer tested the oil level on the side stand and did not screw in the dip stick to test the level. Anyway I dumped the extra 1.5 litres and have done about 50km and the leak has not reappeared. Lets hope this works as a permanent fix. I do not think I will use this dealer for any servicing if they can't even fill the oil to the correct level.

Brother Number One

Quote from: "geoff"I do not think I will use this dealer for any servicing if they can't even fill the oil to the correct level.

Sounds like one of the better ones.

A long time ago a Triumph dealer bust my inner fairing, left the seals off the cam cover, set the balancer shaft wrong, hung the silencer wrongly so the swinger hit it... and accused me of sabotaging the bike :!:

They are still a Triumph dealer (UK).
2015-16 USA & C.America: http://sawthingsclearer.com (click it, click it, click iiiit) 04 silver Tiger, Touratech Zega panniers, CCC titanium can, NWS hugger