News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

coolant flush

Started by stopwatch, May 31, 2006, 07:04:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stopwatch

hey tiger afficiandos! what's the best/ most effective way to flush out the big cat's plumbing? you think prestone extended life coolant is okay? it's for alum radiators. the triumph (blue) coolant is big $$.     -thanks!

Brother Number One

No idea, but I should do similar myself so I'd like to hear some advice, too :(
2015-16 USA & C.America: http://sawthingsclearer.com (click it, click it, click iiiit) 04 silver Tiger, Touratech Zega panniers, CCC titanium can, NWS hugger

apache

On my steamer I pulled every block/pump drain plug and removed a lower hose then gently flushed the rad/block/etc with the water. I repeated this several times until no trace of coolant was seen. put the plugs back and reconnect the hoses,also check all the hose clamps you see, seems they start to weep after use. Regarding the coolant my manual says "silica free coolant" only ,otherwise the pump seals will suffer. I picked up some maxima Bike specific coolant, probably got hosed on it at $10 for 2 quarts, but its cheap insurance (I hope).