News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Which version?

Started by sagalout, August 13, 2007, 02:01:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sagalout

I'm finding my model of bike a bit confusing :lol:

Its the 885i engine, and 2000 reg.  This seems to be lumped in with the 955 for certain parts, eg my dash looks like a 955 and my brake discs look the same too.  Even this website below lists the 955 as a 99-06.  Anyway, I'm looking at these crashbars, which are in the 99-06 category, but they say for 01-06 models:

http://www.triumph-online.co.uk/index.a ... ductid=815

So will these not fit on my 2000 885i?

Thanks in advance

abruzzi

Quote from: "sagalout"I'm finding my model of bike a bit confusing :lol:

Its the 885i engine, and 2000 reg.  This seems to be lumped in with the 955 for certain parts, eg my dash looks like a 955 and my brake discs look the same too.  Even this website below lists the 955 as a 99-06.  Anyway, I'm looking at these crashbars, which are in the 99-06 category, but they say for 01-06 models:

http://www.triumph-online.co.uk/index.a ... ductid=815

So will these not fit on my 2000 885i?

Thanks in advance

I know most other companies have differenc versions of crash bars for 99-00 and 01-06.  I suspect this is due to a different engine/mount, which is where the crashbars usually mount.  Thunderbike has a different set, Ma's does.  So I would be wary.  If you have an 885 and a friend has a 955, you could always measure the mount points to see how close they are.

Geof

blacktiger

No they won't fit because your engine is different to the 955i engine. Basically the rolling chassis of yours and the 955i is the same but the engine, and therefore the engine mountings, changed. The crashbars use the engine mounting bolts.
So, you need to make sure you specify the year of your bike when ordering. The 955i was first produced in March '01. HTH
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

sagalout

Ok, thanks for that :)

tigerrider

Quote from: "abruzzi"I know most other companies have differenc versions of crash bars for 99-00 and 01-06.  I suspect this is due to a different engine/mount, which is where the crashbars usually mount.  Thunderbike has a different set, Ma's does.  So I would be wary.  If you have an 885 and a friend has a 955, you could always measure the mount points to see how close they are.

Geof

Did you buy the set of crash bars that were on ebay a few weeks ago?
Those were for a '99?

abruzzi

Quote from: "tigerrider"Did you buy the set of crash bars that were on ebay a few weeks ago?
Those were for a '99?

yeah, l wanted the foot pegs off them.  Im not sure if they fit the steamer or 885 Girly. Ill resell them once I know.

Geof

I asked about them as I wanted to buy them myself..they came off a 99, so I passed them up. If they fit a '98....let me know when you are putting them up. ;)