News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Where to ride?

Started by Pale Rider, July 21, 2006, 04:06:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pale Rider

How do you guys find places to ride in your states/area?  Some of you post pics of places that look like you're on the far side of the moon.  It's all word of mouth here in TX.

TRKTEK

In Canada we employ the "ride until your ass hurts taking random roads at will and then stop at a convienience store, look at a map and try and find your way home" method :wink:
The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

John Kenneth Galbraith

greg

In the uk you go to the 'safety' camera location website then avoid those areas.

Safety camera actually means speed camera cash generating machine for loathsome government agencies.
2004 Girly.

jmtriumph

I just go to mapquest and zoom in on any road that has some turns and go to it, here in south florida there aren't any, but I do that when I'm out of South Florida. Look and you will find... good luck!

a few pics of a different 06 Tiger...

http://www.triumphrat.net/modules.php?s ... php&page=1
In South Florida... but not for long, soon \"hello Charlotte NC\".  Ride your Tiger, time flies!

ChrisN

Another advantage of using Garmin GPS. Simply open Mapsource on your PC and float around looking for "spaggetti" shaped roads. Join the dots and download. Simple! 8)
Chris

Mudhen

I use my GPS software looking for big areas with no roads...then I look at the Delorme atlas to see if there are any dotted lines or roads that dead end into it.  Then scout, scout, scout...
\'96 Steamer

iansoady

Michelin 1:000000 map (red) of France - look for roads which have a green line beside them and are squiggly. Rarely fails.
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650