News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Two Tigers

Started by Clemski, June 21, 2006, 03:48:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clemski

Apparently according to MCN, Triumph have been listening to the criticism of the new 1050 Tiger being an outright road bike, and are going to keep producing the 955i Tiger alongside it. :P
Just love riding my Tiger, anywhere and everywhere.

german

If it is true I think it is the correct way, now we can suggest another name for the new beautiful Bike.
Tiger 05´, Tiger 09´ ABS, CB550 76´

Clemski

They also mentioned in the article that the new one may be launched early, I think it's a good idea that they run them side by side. Maybe they will wait and see which one sells the most units. :P
Just love riding my Tiger, anywhere and everywhere.

Foxy

Makes a change from the usual "biking about to be banned by EU", speed camera scare stories and 600 group tests they usually fabricate out of thin air. I wonder what their source was for this? Too much cheese before bed?

tiger feet

I can't say I'm suprised by that really :idea:

Triumph do listen, that's why the Bonneville is a parallel twin with traditional styling :?:

I have to agree with Foxy, but then MCN is known as 'The Comic' within enlightend trade circles :!:

Regards,

Tiger Feet.
Four wheels good, two wheels better, three wheels accident!

JRO

Quote from: "Clemski"Apparently according to MCN, Triumph have been listening to the criticism of the new 1050 Tiger being an outright road bike, and are going to keep producing the 955i Tiger alongside it. :P

According to MCN, Ford has purchased Triumph, and the new bike will actually be produced as a four-wheeler, to be given the name 'Model T'.

It should start appearing in the States in the year '08.
JRO

2006 Tiger

wasions

Having recently ridden the Buell Ulysses, the bike I thought I was going to buy instead of the Tiger, and the bike that the new Triumph will likely resemble, I have to say that Triumph's decision not to dump the 'old' Tiger is righteous!  The Uly has some good qualities - but it ain't no Tiger.  Not even close.  (I am so glad I came to my senses!)   8)
Steve

Gear up!

<*}}}><

\'06 Tiger, \'99 DR350

Flying Tiger

I think that's great!  Although it would be nice to see the "old" Tiger with a 1055i motor, it's good that have something to offer the adventure-tourer crowd.  

In reviewing their site, it's seems that they needed to expand their bike catagories anyway.  The 3 catagories are Retro, Urban Sport and Cruisers.  It seems they put the Touring class on the back burner for the moment.  The Motard will be a cool addition!  The Hot item for this year seems to be the Scrambler. :wink:

http://www.triumph.co.uk/usa/3324.aspx

The Tiger is the most versital of the Triumph model IMHO. :D

A "best buy" in the Adventure-Tourer class.

It 's refreshing to see that Triumph gives a listening ear to it's loyal Tiger customers.  Triumph needs a couple of celebrities to film an adventure using the Tiger.  Then the rest of the world would see how versital a bike it is.  :)

tigerjohn

The only thing hot about the scrambler is its exhaust pipes...... guaranteed to melt you overtrousers on a rainy day! Personally, I think Triumph would be wise to offer a 1050 road bike to bite into the CBF1000 market......but not as a Tiger replacement. We need a 'slightly soft' R1200GS - capable of touring/commuting/fun and occasional light off road venturing. I don't see the leaked 'new Tiger' as having the road presence of the current bike or its distinctive style. Give it a big facelift and the 1050 powerplant, but keep its character. Its why we bought it! Got that, Bruno?

norwegian-tiger

I•m 100 % behind You, tigerjohn!

Geir

`00 Girly (on the road)

`98 Steamer (sold)

`84 Honda CBX (in the garden)

www.triumphtiger.net

www.triumphtiger.net/clubscandinavia/

http://www.britz-buzios.com/