News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

2000 Tiger For Sale

Started by foster, June 29, 2006, 06:06:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

foster

Black 2000 Tiger with cosmetic issues for sale

11676 miles - located in western North Carolina

Bike has a bit of cosmetic damage but has a clear title and appears to be in sound mechanical shape. The motorcycle is fast, smooth and comfortable.

THE ISSUES:

I purchased the bike used last September with 9649 miles on it and some cosmetic issues that I was originally going to repair. The previous owner had dropped the bike, resulting in a skinned up gas tank as seen in photos.  Bike also has a few other scratches on the fairing Ò also noted in photos. IÌm not real familiar with this model but it looks like the fairing was removed and replaced Ò instrument panel is a bit uneven but probably just needs an adjustment Ò you have to look closely to tell.  It also appears that when the bike was dropped, the lower fairing brace that attaches to the tank was broken but tank and fairing stability have not been affected. Since then, I had a departure from controlled flight causing some additional minor damage.  Tank and fairing received a few additional scuff marks and mirrors and handlebars have been replaced. One windshield mounting tab on the fairing was broken and has been repaired but not cosmetically touched up. Rubber shifter pad has a split in it from normal wear & tear and has been wrapped with rubber tape.  Windshield has also been trimmed to a sporty, lower version.

GOOD NEWS:

The engine starts readily, runs great and pulls cleanly through the RPM range.  Basic service was performed recently with synthetic oil.  Cooling system was also flushed and refilled with premium coolant.  New battery was installed last September and is kept on battery tender to maintain optimum charge. New brake pads were also installed last September.

Frame and forks appear to be straight and are fully functional.  Suspension works well and bike rides straight and true.  Tires are in good shape and drive train looks good.  Seat is in good shape, locks, switches, etc. work as they are supposed to.

Bike has been upgraded with Hepco & Becker bags and a center stand but the center stand (or bracket) was bent during my get-off and IÌm still working to get it re-installed and functioning.

I will try to answer any questions and will call and speak to you if you provide a phone number.  Additional photos are available by e-mail upon request.  I have made every attempt to be honest about the bike and have not deliberately left out any information.  The bike is sound and strong Ò it just needs a little TLC or someone who wants to ride it as is.  I ride it frequently and have never had a mechanical problem.  Has 11,676 miles at the time of this post.  I would not hesitate to ride the bike across country tomorrow but I just donÌt like it all that much.

Shipping is at the expense of the bidder.  Delivery is negotiable depending on the location.

foster

Trying to add photo

Also forgot to mention price & contact info.

Price is negotiable given the bike's status.  I'm now thinking of  about $3000.  

WIll most definitely consider offers or trades.  Contact me through PM or by e-mail

watersheds at verizon dot net

foster

4th of July price reduction

$3000? Trades?

Flying Tiger

Is there a site where you have pictures posted?  

How's the ride at freeway speeds?

foster

Quote from: "Flying Tiger"Is there a site where you have pictures posted?  

How's the ride at freeway speeds?

PM me with your e-mail address and I'll send photos.  Bike rides well at all sane speeds.  Smooth, stable and comfortable at 70-75. Suspension soaks up the road irregularities well.

tomato1

Have you sold this bike yet?

foster

Quote from: "tomato1"Have you sold this bike yet?

Bike not sold yet.