News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

New Tiger Rider

Started by jhawk, July 07, 2006, 02:31:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jhawk

Picked up my new '06 Tiger just a few days ago. Had my choice of blue or silver or waiting for a 2007. (The dealer had 2 Tigers, and will not get any more '06 models). Decided on silver. Traded an '04 BMW R1150RS for it. The RS was a good machine, but the Tiger fits and feels much more comfortable. Plus, there is less vibration than with the RS. Still haven't finished with the run-in yet, but I think we're going to bond pretty quickly. Looking forward to a long and happy relationship.
Mike ....... \'06 Tiger, silver

Brother Number One

Let's see it, then (the bike).  They are best in silver.  I'd be interested to know how the performance compares to the BM; you may want to run it in first. :D
2015-16 USA & C.America: http://sawthingsclearer.com (click it, click it, click iiiit) 04 silver Tiger, Touratech Zega panniers, CCC titanium can, NWS hugger

Bruincounselor

Quote from: "Brother Number One"Let's see it, then (the bike).  They are best in silver.  I'd be interested to know how the performance compares to the BM; you may want to run it in first. :D

I think he'll be happier if he uses all the gears.

Bruin
Bruin\'

JRO

Don't expect that bike to be really broke-in, for 6,000 miles or so.  Your gas mileage will suck, until then.
JRO

2006 Tiger

T100LESS

I have a 2006 tiger,3000 miles, I load it up full with camping stuff and take off,just drive  safe and you will  still get  50+ m.p.g. imperial, just love this bike..

Eric

I, too, have a new 06 Tiger. Just got back from a two day trip from NC to TN to KY and back. Can't say enough good things about the bike. I rode a friend's BMW R1200 RT before and after buying the Tiger. No question the Tiger is the better bike for me. First 1100 miles, and I'm hitting almost 50 mpg.
Eric Walburgh

06 Tiger

aussietiggar

I recently purchased a 2005 Green tiger . Great bike, only one problem has taken about 4 months and 2 attemps to get a center stand fitted

toddtruby

Hey, I'm pretty close you in Merriam, KS.  I have a Blue 2006 Tiger purchased from Engle Motors in Feb.  Hope to see you around town sometime!