News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

dilema

Started by kwilliams7450, July 26, 2006, 08:08:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kwilliams7450

i am in a dilema and need some advice. do i buy the new 2007 model tiger when it comes out, or do i wait till it comes out then haggle and see what i can get the 2006 model for ?
be nice to people as you climb the ladder cos you meet them on the way down

T100LESS

Will the 2007 tiger come with heated grips,centre stand and panniers?

I dont think so..

Sofalofa2005

How can anybody possibly answer that when nobody has ridden the 2007 bike yet???

By the way, the 2006 model is apparently not being discontinued, it will run alongside the new one...

kev187

You can score a 2006 for around $9000 with little haggling.  When you are ready to buy.. just keep calling dealers telling them you will drop $9K out the door.  I eded up driving 4.5 hours to get my 2005 model , $8950 out the  door with the side paniers standard.  I have seen similar deals recently on 2006 models in the low $9K range.

Oh.. the 2007 Tiger.. from what I have seen in the pics so far, you can see one right now at your local Ducati Dealer, its called a Multistrada... we shall see what the 2007 ends up, over everthing else, if the 2007 has that god awful seat we see in the spy pics, I am pretty much done.

Jim S

I'm not sure on how I see the new Tiger, the old one has a certain character, I'm sure some of the steamer owners will say the same about theirs, but I like the look of the new one, if perhaps a bit Hondaesque with the sharp features like a Blade from the front. The reviews on the 1050 motor have been good so far.

I'm not going to dismiss the new one without seeing it in the flesh. It could be an excellent touring bike, with a few mods make an excellent adventure bike. Triumph could be more forthcoming with aftermarket parts like a belly pan and crash bars to compete in the BMW GS market.

The adventure market is changing, same as everything else, look at Land rover, from the box that everyone knows to be the "Landie" to the Range Rover sport, it's evolution. Some people never see offroad but like the offroad style and want the comfort. Pretentious? Possibly, tell that to the Range Rover owner!  :lol:

I use mine offroad, with great effect! (both Land Rover and Tiger). I have a Land Rover, not to say I wouldn't like a Range Rover! (Check out the new supercharged Range Rover sport, good god!)  :shock:

So in comparison, I like my 955i but not to say I wouldn't lust after the new 1050?

My opinion? I'll wait and see, it might turn out to be a great bike to run along side the 955i, just like Land Rover!
04 Tiger and 97 Blade

chrisjones18

ive got the same problem . spoke to my local dealer on friday as i want the 2006 tiger in black.he says triumph wont run the 2 on prduction together [not enough lines].no discount on the 2006 model for august as yet .only on some of the bonnie range. due to the injection model coming out  they also would not say when the new one is released either.anyone know of a secondhand 2006 tiger[black only] these are the slower ones yes!!!. in a triumph dealer .please i cant find one in the uk?.

Brother Number One

I saved about £2k by buying and selling privately and got a newer bike; still, just, in warranty.  My experience of dealers is, generally, not good and Triumph dealers, at the moment, seem in no need to offer good deals as they are printing their own money thanks to the 675.  Good luck, anyway.
2015-16 USA & C.America: http://sawthingsclearer.com (click it, click it, click iiiit) 04 silver Tiger, Touratech Zega panniers, CCC titanium can, NWS hugger

kev187

Sorry to hear about your luck on the other side of the pond.  We are falling over Tigers here in the USA.  I know 3 dealers local to myself have Tigers just sitting.  My local dealer down the street has a green 2005 left over & a blue 2006 collecting dust.  I know a dealer 2 hours away has a silver one he keeps listing on ebay.  Good Deals on them here, hence last year I scored mine last year for $8950 out the door no fees no nothing.  Of course I am in the states, where ego driven harley riders & race bike riders rule the road.  All the bikes that fall in the middle can be had for a good deal.

Quote from: "chrisjones18"ive got the same problem . spoke to my local dealer on friday as i want the 2006 tiger in black.he says triumph wont run the 2 on prduction together [not enough lines].

What does he know?

When the production line starts in Thailand, they will have the capacity to produce both at Hinkley. Along with some other new models, hopefully.

chrisjones18

nuh blacktiger thats where the new adventure tiger is to be made[hope so] you know the one with spoked wheels large tank and luggage as spotted in hinckley last week on test

TigerTrax

Word to the wise   Buy an '06 ...... you'll be glad you did.

The 1050 motor would be nice .....  but the 955 is plenty adequate.

As to dealers not selling Tigers ......

maybe the simply do not know how.......

They are Rocket 3 and Daytona 675 'mystified' ....

The 'adventure bike' market is still healthy .... look at the GS.V-strom sales. Triumph simply needs to juice it up!
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'