News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

overheating

Started by wdkng_24, July 07, 2006, 08:25:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wdkng_24

hey charlie, i found some orings at work.  i have a whole bazillion here if anyone needs some.  i'm gonna throw a handful in my toolkit ...

iansoady

Quote from: "iansoady"
Quote from: "looch"A little late, but:

Recall service bulletin 331:

VIN Range 124104 - 198754

Fault Code: 02103598

Repair Code: 99331

Many thanks for that Looch, mine is just after the end of that range. Is there somewhere all the recalls are listed? Triumph's own site only has a couple.

Mine is 198874 ie later than this, but I've just checked it and guess what...........

So some of you out there may have the same problem.

I suspect this is why it runs hot in traffic. I guess there's now air in the system. Hey-ho.
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650

iansoady

Just a quick update.....

I've just taken the Tiger out for a 50-mile run to check it after putting the hoses the right way round and topping up the radiator with about a litre(!!!!) of coolant. All the time I've owned it, every time I slowed down or came to a halt, the tempreature gauge needle would be up near the red, and the fan would be howling when I turned off the engine. Today, in 25 degree (C) temperatures, it never budged from about a needle's width above the horizontal line, and the fan never came on. What I did notice was more heat hitting my legs from the radiator, which I suppose is logical really.

It also seemed slightly smoother although as I have also adjusted the chain a tad it could have been that.

Moral - don't believe what the service manager at your dealer tells you. Check it out yourself. This has only strengthened my resolve to do all the maintenance myself.
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650

greg

Guess what just happened to my 04?

Returned from a ride, steam coming out from the fairing cowl, fan came on, needle approached red, all on tickover when parking............

Unbelievable, it's an orange one for gawds sake, this can't be happening!

Well I'm not that busy Sunday :? .
2004 Girly.

twotaildog

Has anybody else had a radiator cap go bad? Mine started leaking at around 35K miles. I was able to finish my ride and get home (~2000 miles) by frequently adding water. Once I got home I replaced the cap and all was well.

Kevin