News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Allow myself to introduce...myself

Started by Cos, July 30, 2006, 06:22:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cos

Goodmorning ladies and gents. My name is Cos, and i have been the owner of a shiny new 05 Lucifer Orange Tiger for a mere two weeks. Been wanting one for about six months. :D

Sadly, due to other obligations i've only logged on about 500 miles on the big cat so far. She's having her first service on Saturday.I'm loving the bike. Even unbroken, she's smooth, shifts very nicely, and i absolutely love the torque. I finally managed to go for a 150 mile (not much at all for some of you, i know) jog yesterday and came back grinning like a complete and utter idiot.

I am now introduced,

Cos

P.S. I've already dropped her :lol:  Thank the Gods i decided to put the crash bars on. No harm no foul.

Jim S

Welcome mate, a very friendly, informative forum here. I'm sure you'll get heaps of pleasure out of the Tiger, I'm enjoying mine, 7000 miles in four months.

I went for the orange as well, stands out!  :twisted:

Thank god for the crash bars! Top heavy bike, easily misjudged and dropped! (I've not dropped it yet!)  :wink:
04 Tiger and 97 Blade

greg

Hi, lucifer orange was the only sensible choice. They are faster, smoother and more torquey thasn the other colours as everyone here will agree.

Get some miles on it :)
2004 Girly.

Sofalofa2005

but the silver ones are more sophisticated! :-) Welocome mate, plus you score extra bonus points for quoting Austin Powers!!! Enjoy your Tiger... a year from now you'll love it even more... Plus give the engine 6 or 7,000 miles and it gets even better!

Hayes

I purchased my 05 lucifer Orange in April, I have logged about 3000 miles so far. Great bike. I just returned from a 3 day trip, Anchorage AK to Dawson YT, Canada. About a 100 miles of this trip, from Tok AK to Dawson YT stays between 3000 & 4000 ft. The Tiger powered up these mountains without effort, the handling on the curves was outstanding. I saw just about all road conditions, paved, gravel, dirt, seal chip, wet and dry. While keeping appropriate speed for the conditions the Tiger was confident and performed excellent. The only adrenalin rush I had was when an unexpected rush of wind pushed me to the white line, that definately woke me up.

Enjoy your Tiger. Great color by the way.

Sels1

Quote from: "Cos"and came back grinning like a complete and utter idiot.

dont worry it's a common occurance!

Welcome aboard anyway

Brother Number One

2015-16 USA & C.America: http://sawthingsclearer.com (click it, click it, click iiiit) 04 silver Tiger, Touratech Zega panniers, CCC titanium can, NWS hugger

ChrisN

Welcome onboard Cos.

With the grinning and dropping, you're already a seasoned owner  :smt023
Chris

Cos

"With the grinning and dropping, you're already a seasoned owner"

Ain't that the truth.Two mile an hour U-turn,pulled on the clutch a little more than i should and she went down like a hamstrung elephant. All i could do was get out of the way. Like i said, i'm glad i forked out the extra $$ for the bars.

Thank you all for the welcoming. I know some of you from Triumphrat.net when i was enquiring about the Tiger (and other models). Got lucky and got the bike i wanted (last Orange). Although colour might not matter in the end, it is clear that orange is better  :lol:

Also, though i know it's a mechanical contraption, this one's a boy and his name is... (drumroll)...Nermal. Yup, my wife said "i like Nermal", so Nermal it is.

Respect to all,

Cos

Quote from: "Sofalofa2005"but the silver ones are more sophisticated! :-)

And black ones are meaner.........so watch it! OK? :twisted:

Cos

Quote from: "Blacktiger"
Quote from: "Sofalofa2005"but the silver ones are more sophisticated! :-)

And black ones are meaner.........so watch it! OK? :twisted:

Apparently,what we have here is a bike with a multiple personality disorder depending on what colour it is.  :shock:

oldgimmer

And the blue ones are lean mean fighting machines, oh and they're much quicker as well.

Whatever the colour hope you enjoy it as much as I have in the short time I've had big bluey.
Cheers (Drink Beer)

Chris

Think it ain\'t illegal yet.

Cos

If first two weeks are any indication, should be the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

JRO

Careful, Cos.  That bike gets a lot quicker, as it breaks in.
JRO

2006 Tiger

Brother Number One

Quote from: "oldgimmer"And the blue ones are lean mean fighting machines, oh and they're much quicker as well.

Whatever the colour hope you enjoy it as much as I have in the short time I've had big bluey.

Big bluey!  What a crap name for a bike.  Wait till I tell Silver Lady.
2015-16 USA & C.America: http://sawthingsclearer.com (click it, click it, click iiiit) 04 silver Tiger, Touratech Zega panniers, CCC titanium can, NWS hugger