News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Electrical problems

Started by tjmoore, August 22, 2006, 06:50:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tjmoore

I had a problem with my 1999 Tiger shutting off the other day as I was going down the freeway.  The motor just went dead, no idiot lights or anything.  I turned the key off and on and compression  started it while I was still going and it started right up. It has happened about 5 times in the last few weeks, but it happens so seldom I can't put my finger on what it is.  Any ideas?  I'm sure it's not fuel related due no instrument lights, but beyond that I'm stumped.

Tom

toddtruby

Bad ignition switch?  Sypmtom sounds just like if you turned off the key while riding.  Intermitent problem in the switch could be remedied temporarity by cycling the switch.

Tony A.

I have a 05 and the switch went bad on it. At first when it died I would have to turn the key on and off several times to get it to restart. The last time it decide to quite working I had to move the wires around and zip tie them up against the switch to keep it running long enough to get home.

TigerTrax

Steamers had some ignition switch problems.

Also .... take a look at your sidestand switch and sidestand. If the

sidestand is loose it may be allowing your sidstand switch to activate and shutting off the engine. ( It acts as a 'cutout' switch ).
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'