News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Timbuktu!

Started by greg, August 29, 2006, 03:12:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greg

Just booked to go with Nick Sanders to Timbuktu and follow the Dakar (at a safe distance!) in January.

Should stretch the Tigers legs and cramp mine.

Sahara here we come :shock: .
2004 Girly.

Clemski

Good on yer, quite envious really  :lol:
Just love riding my Tiger, anywhere and everywhere.

BykBoy

Quote from: "greg"Just booked to go with Nick Sanders to Timbuktu and follow the Dakar (at a safe distance!) in January.

Are you going to follow the entire race? Is this an organized thing? What is the cost?
2001 Black 955i Tiger

Save $5 when you open a SmugMug account. Use the following coupon: 4l1hicJzWvYNE

greg

Full details here:

www.nicksanders.com

If anyone else is up for it we can have a Tiger team :D
2004 Girly.

Advwannabe

Hey Greg,

That ride sounds great! I'm a bit jealous!

Alas I can only afford one gettaway this year, setting off down the Gibb River Road on the way through Kununurra - Karratha - Perth - Melbourne on Friday.

Does the guy who runs your tour advise on bike prep or is that left to you.

Keep us posted

cheers
No good deed goes unpunished
02 Tigger
02 Blackbird
75 GT380
IBA #33180

Clemski

Quote from: "greg"Just booked to go with Nick Sanders to Timbuktu and follow the Dakar (at a safe distance!) in January.

Should stretch the Tigers legs and cramp mine.

Sahara here we come :shock: .

Hi greg,

Which package did you go for 9, 14 days or the full monty, the more I look at the website, the more I won't to go :P
Just love riding my Tiger, anywhere and everywhere.

greg

28 days, yes, advice on prep given.

In addition to the trip itself Nick Sanders is organising a short offroad course in Wales for those who want a refresher or first timers in preparation for the trip(October).

I can't actually afford to do this trip but WTF, that is the only reason I can find not to go, and as a reason I don't think it stands up, so off I go.

I am with Oscar Wilde on this one:

'No gentleman lives within his means'
2004 Girly.