News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Steamer tank vent Line Question

Started by CrashDBad, September 04, 2006, 10:49:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrashDBad

I Hvae a 98 that has been dismantled for awhile while troubleshooting some carb difficulties.  I cannt seem to locate the vent hose that connects to the right side of the tank.  Where does the other end connect to?  Carb, airbox, nothing?  Can someone help me with locating/routing the missing hose?

Thanks,

Rick

apache

I have a 97, same bike pretty much. If your refering to the far right rear of the tank that is actually a drain line for the water or fuel that collects in the area around the fuel cap. If you open the cap youll see a depressed area that catches either if it jets rained on or washed. I have my line just routed down under the bike by the battery and other vent tubes. My bike was desmogged when I got it so I cant say whats right regarding the other tank vents. There are 2 solenoids that open when the bike is running I suppose, also both of mine are open and vented below and solenoids and canisters removed. Been like this for thousands of hard miles and a few crashes without any problems or spilling.

Hope this helps

CrashDBad

Thanks Apache.  The line dropped down when i disconnected the tank.  back in business.

apache

Your welcome, make sure its not plugged or kinked so the tank dosent get water in it when washed etc.