News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Oil change T-98

Started by GREENTEA, September 21, 2006, 08:55:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GREENTEA

I need a help....I have to change the oil of my Tiger 98..but have no information how much I need...Need more details for this operation :oops:
Just a tiger owner...

tigerhund

I just pulled out my owner's manual for my 98 Steamer:  4.25 quarts/4.0 liters.  I strongly recommend you go to autozone and buy 5 quarts of Mobil One motorcycle specific 20W50 (or perhaps 10W40 if you live where it is cold in the winter) and an aftermarket filter.  No need to spend $53 for the Mobil One 15W50 from the dealer when you can get five quarts of the same stuff for half that at the parts store.

Also, here are some cross references for the filter:  Fram CH 6012, Wix 24941, and Purolator ML 16812.  I would avoid Fram as I read recently they make poor quality filters.

Also, if you are anal like me, you might consider looking up Perf-form on the internet and buying their high quality filter J501.

tigerhund

Sorry I did not look to see that you are in Bulgaria.  Not sure how much of the filter info I gave you will be the same.

sporthog93

In looking up filters on the internet, it looks like it takes the same filter as 750 honda K&N 401.

Quote from: "GREENTEA"I need a help....I have to change the oil of my Tiger 98..but have no information how much I need...Need more details for this operation :oops: