News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

MPG

Started by sporthog93, September 24, 2006, 09:13:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sporthog93

I got 30 mpg.  "98 Tiger, is that normal?

Jim S

I wouldn't have thought so? The 955i returns about 50mpg so I wouldn't have thought the carb version would be that much worse?

I'm sure some of the guys on here can fill in the details.
04 Tiger and 97 Blade

ned37

i have a 95 steamer and can get in the low 30's if i do a lot of backroad 1st and 2nd gear stuff.  highway rarely ever sees 40.
95 blue steamer
04 husaberg fe650e

sporthog93

This has been all pavement or gravel road, no off-road stuff. I have been shifting at about 5000 rpm. So not really running it hard either.

Bill

quote="sporthog93"]I got 30 mpg.  "98 Tiger, is that normal?[/quote]

ned37

sounds like she's running a bit fat.  has anybody ever been playing in the carbs?  does it run clean around town?  shifting at around 5k if around town sounds a bit aggressive, but not if its open hwy.  actually, i couldn't tell you where i shift.  never pay attention unless i'm close to redline.  either way, they aren't generally known as a mileage queen (or is that term reserved for the girlies).   :wink:
95 blue steamer
04 husaberg fe650e

Jim S

Girlies rule! Mine is constantly hitting the rev limiter going up the box! I just love the note! Still returns 50+mpg!
04 Tiger and 97 Blade

gazoo

Does everyone get 40+ on thier 955i?

I just came back from a trip and when I was cruising across the flatlands of IA, IL, IN, and OH in 5th in 6th gears at 70-80mph, I was only getting 35-36MPG.  I normally get 40-45 around town.  

Something I should look into, or maybe run in a lower gear on the Interstate?

len

I get around 50 mpg on the highway crusing at similar speeds, standard map and pipe.

Jim S

04 Girly, 17,000 miles, do a lot of mixed riding, urban and highway, one and two up, I honestly don't see much difference, the bike always seems to return around 50mpg imperial. It fluctuates a little two up and high speed but nothing untoward, maybe 5mpg either way. Best so far 218 miles for four imp gallons. Worst around the 200 miles.
04 Tiger and 97 Blade

german

Last weekend i got in a highway 240 kms, 17 KPL (34 MPG) between 140-190 k/h (85- picks 115 m/h) 6th gear.
Tiger 05´, Tiger 09´ ABS, CB550 76´

Mudhen

I'd been getting around 25-27 in my '96...so I gave the carbs a good cleaning with some new o-rings, and cleaned the air filter and I'm back up to 37 or so.

That's 99% highway miles at 80-90mph.  And I have a 17 tooth front sprocket so tach up more than I should be.

Pat
\'96 Steamer

Advwannabe

Wow Mudhen,

The Efi really seems to make a difference to consumption.

On the recent round Oz trip one up with bags and a top box:

Worst of 38mpg doing slow 1-3 gear stuff on tracks and riverbeds and one highway stretch sitting on 85 Mph with a 20 knot headwind.

Best of 59mpg at a steady 62 mph in Victoria ( where the Law enforcement folk are anal and carry large sticks) with a slight tailwind.

Averaging 46mpg loaded up on the highway sitting between 75 and 90mph.

Normally unloaded with a mixture of use around 50mpg. Considering my old FJ1200 rarely tops 35mpg anytime I'm a happy camper!

Cheers,
No good deed goes unpunished
02 Tigger
02 Blackbird
75 GT380
IBA #33180

pansmiker

Guys don't forget the  differences in US of A measurements and Imperial mesurements.

Paul
The speed of the hand deceives the eye and sometimes blackens it!

Sofalofa2005

daily commute so similar figures every wee, I used to get the warning light coming on between 190-200 miles, but since having a 19 tooth front sprocket fitted 3 weeks ago, the fuel light now comes on between 210-215 miles... am well pleased