News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Fuel Connector Leaking HELP

Started by tigerowner_ut, September 25, 2006, 06:12:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tigerowner_ut

First off the recall is done but the connectors to the fuel tank still leak.  The recall only replaces the Male connector and not the one in the tank.

I have heard that there are other connectors out there that are better and both male and female are metal.  Where do I get them?

The bike has been to the dealer 5 times for this shit and I need help to get it resolved once and for all!

Thank you much for the help!
Cheers,

David

99 Yellow Tiger: Triumph Exhaust, Heated Grips, Cee Bailey +6 Windscreen, Rick Mayer Saddle, Metzler Tourance Tires, Happy-Trail Panniers.

03 WR450 (lots of mods)

86 TT350 (the tank....Gone)

tigerowner_ut

I see thet Ferracci has fuel connectors at a good price but not sure which ones I need.
Cheers,

David

99 Yellow Tiger: Triumph Exhaust, Heated Grips, Cee Bailey +6 Windscreen, Rick Mayer Saddle, Metzler Tourance Tires, Happy-Trail Panniers.

03 WR450 (lots of mods)

AndyM

Which side is leaking, the male or female? I developed a leak on the male side, turned out to be the o-ring on it.

Green Geck0

Quote from: "tigerowner_ut"I have heard that there are other connectors out there that are better and both male and female are metal.  Where do I get them?

This is where I picked mine up. Pricey but I haven't had any issues with them. Be very careful not to nick the o-rings or like the factory ones, they will leak.

http://www.rideteamtriumph.com/tiger.htm

Curtis Ross

Calgary, Alberta

'02 Green

tigerowner_ut

Yeah team triumph is as good of a deal.  I will get one there.  Every time I return to the dealer they send me home with a fuel leak.  Time to fix it for good.

Do you need a special tool for the hose clamps?
Cheers,

David

03 WR450 (lots of mods)

Green Geck0

Quote from: "tigerowner_ut"Do you need a special tool for the hose clamps?

I managed with a tiny blade screwdriver and a pair of pliers. The fittings come with great instructions.

Curtis Ross

Calgary, Alberta