News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

What to call the 1050

Started by Silverstripes, October 29, 2006, 08:02:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tallerman

How about calling the 07 the Pussy cause they sure took the feral cat out of the Tiger. Fitting name after the Girly/slut.

But my preferred term is the Triumph Gelding. It can run fast but had its best parts lopped off so it could focus on just the running, not be distracted by the mares in the pasture up the road.
06 Caspian Blue Tiger

81R80G/S

norwegian-tiger

I`ll go for the Bitch
Geir

`00 Girly (on the road)

`98 Steamer (sold)

`84 Honda CBX (in the garden)

www.triumphtiger.net

www.triumphtiger.net/clubscandinavia/

http://www.britz-buzios.com/

greg

The Gelding has a nice ring to it.
2004 Girly.

Stretch

What to call the 1050...

"My next bike"!

albin

Quote from: "Stretch"What to call the 1050...

"My next bike"!

Me too !  

Waiting.....  :D/

dancope

It seems that Triumph has lost it's cat.  I'm not sure what they found, but with the smaller fuel tank and the less comfortable appearing pillon seat, they did not improve on the 955.  A 5.3 gallon tank may seem fine in the UK, or even Eastern US, but In the Western US the bigger the tank the better.  I do like the more powerful engine, but why detune it back to about 955 power and then tell us to pay for a Sprint silencer and map to get it back.  That is uncool. Thanks for listening.       '04 955 with 39,000 miles.

Stretch

Quote from: "dancope"A 5.3 gallon tank may seem fine in the UK, or even Eastern US, but In the Western US the bigger the tank the better.

A bigger tank is more convenient, but I toured the west a few years ago on a Honda 750 with a 3.8 gallon tank.  The '07 Tigger's 5.8 gallons will be a huge improvement for me.  It's all in what you're used to

QuoteI do like the more powerful engine, but why detune it back to about 955 power and then tell us to pay for a Sprint silencer and map to get it back.  That is uncool.

So that in stock form it can pass USA emissions, perhaps?

norwegian-tiger

Well. For us that are used to Tigers, the new one is not an upgrade.
Geir

`00 Girly (on the road)

`98 Steamer (sold)

`84 Honda CBX (in the garden)

www.triumphtiger.net

www.triumphtiger.net/clubscandinavia/

http://www.britz-buzios.com/

Bushwhacker

Quote from: "norwegian-tiger"Well. For us that are used to Tigers, the new one is not an upgrade.

Not all of us.  I traded my BRG 2005 for a Caspian Blue 2007!!!

I think it is a helluvan upgrade!

-
When you look like a rude, crude, scum-sucking cretin, people tend not to ask you stupid questions.

2000 Thunderbird Sport - Yellow w/Ghost Flames

2007 Tiger - White w/ABS

2005 Jeep Wrangler - Blue

Stretch

Quote from: "norwegian-tiger"Well. For us that are used to Tigers, the new one is not an upgrade.

I was actually all fired up to buy a new Buell Ulysses, but after much thought I could not in good conscience buy a motorcycle with a Harley-Davidson engine.  I detest those leaky, shaking lumps.

So I kept looking for a bike similar to a Uly that wasn't overly complicated with electronics (BMW), and here we are.

The Uly carries 4.8 gallons, so the new Tiger is still better than I had been planning on.

The loss of a gallon isn't a deal breaker, nor is a 17-inch front wheel.  And since the Uly also has a 17 on the front, we may not be too far from seeing some decent dual-sport rubber in 17-inch sizes for the front.

Aussie Tiger

Hmm, down here in Oz we have a colloquial word for a woman, "Sheila".  These days it is used to describe a member of the delicate sex who, in fact, is not so delicate! As this would seem to describe the new styling (still a "Girly" but not so pretty) maybe  the "Sheila Tiger" would be appropriate.

After all, part of the reason for refering to the current shape as a "Girly" comes from a the abbreviation "EFI" as in electronic fuel injection. Efi was seen by some as a shortened form of effeminate (efi-minate) (no, i'm not making this up!). Hence the "Girly" tag.  On top of that, the current shape is much prettier because of it's suductive curves and more feminine shape, something missing from the upcoming model!
2006 Caspian Blue Tiger

Never regret growing old...Its a privilege not afforded to many!

How about "Broke back mountain" for a name.

My reasoning is that the big dip in the seat looks like the frame's broken and...if it ever goes near a mountain road that's probably what'll happen anyway.

Oh Oh I got it....

GLASS Tiger.... get it like the band....

Ok so the band isnt around.... well neither will this cut of the tiger model. :P

Tallerman

The more I read, the more I like my original name the GELDING.
06 Caspian Blue Tiger

81R80G/S

used2jeep

I think I'll call it "The Big Puss"
AF&AM, AANOMS, IBA

Save $5 when you open a SmugMug account. Use the following coupon: R8d8tS3bmlzLw