News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

SOLD 2002 Black Tiger, low miles & lots of extras

Started by tmh, October 31, 2006, 05:52:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tmh

SOLD    SOLD    SOLD    SOLD

Thanks for all of the interest.

Tom

Well I've decided to go in a more off-road direction with a KTM Adventure 950, so I'm selling my black 2002 Tiger.  Only 9,100 miles on her.  Extras include:

1. Hepco & Becker crash/protection bars;

2. SW Motech centerstand;

3. SW Motech handlebar risers;

4. SW Motech mirror extenders;

5. Kakao friction-type cruise control

6. Fastway stainless steel footpegs;

7. Happy Trails rack & aluminum panniers/side bags;

8. Corbin Canyon Dual Sport seat

9. Kisan SignalMinder turn signal cancellation/running light unit

10. ÏGrip PuppiesÓ foam slip-on handgrip covers;

11. Wunderlich knurled aluminum shift lever enlarger;

12. MRA TouringScreen Windscreen (slightly taller than stock, not currently installed);

13) 3M 40 mil film on headlights to protect against pitting, rock chips, cracking.

A few pics can be seen here:  http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictu ... 2100224990

This bike has not been ridden enough to reach service points quickly enough, so it has had annual services to assure top mechanical condition.  Most recent service was at the end of Sept. 2006 at 8,888 miles.  Included oil/filter change, new brake pads f/r, coolant flush and replacement, brake fluid flush, etc.  Bike is in excellent mechanical and cosmetic condition, and needs nothing.

Tires were replaced at ~8,300 miles (7/06) with Avon Distanzias, and are in perfect, near-new shape.

Bike is located in Northern California in the San Jose area.  

Asking price is $6,450 / OBO.  

Although I think that the Happy Trails side bags are an excellent addition to the Tigers, I would be willing to remove and keep them and adjust the price accordingly downward.

I can pop this bike onto my hitch carrier on my Durango, so I can deliver within a reasonable radius, for the cost of gasoline.

Thanks for looking, and feel free to PM me if you would like additional photos, or would just like to talk about the bike.

Tom
\'02 Tiger

\'05 Husky TE510

\'02 BMW K1200LT

\'02 BMW R1150RT

\'05 KTM Adventure 950

Ain\'t Life Grand?

flyingpackman

Tom,

You have my attention.

Question: Do you have the stock side cases?

I live south of Denver.  Unless you can get it to Salt Lake, I would have to arrange to have it shipped.  

I have an '05 KLR 650 that I'm trying to sell, interested in a trade?
LP

tmh

Quote from: "flyingpackman"Tom,

You have my attention.

Question: Do you have the stock side cases?

I live south of Denver.  Unless you can get it to Salt Lake, I would have to arrange to have it shipped.  

I have an '05 KLR 650 that I'm trying to sell, interested in a trade?

First off, it is not out of the question that I could get to Salt Lake for a delivery.

I do not have the stock side cases.  I had read some things about the stock cases which I didn't like, so when I was looking at buying a used Tiger, I actually wanted a bike without them, which is what I bought.  I will  say that I really like the HT cases, even a little better than the Jesses I had on a previous bike.

Re:  Trades - Sorry but I am trying to downsize the collection!  I currently have 2 street bikes, a Husky 510 for pure dirt and now the KTM for pavement which leads to dirt.  There always seems to be a demand for the KLRs, however, so you should have no issues selling it.

Let me know,

Tom

P.S.:  I did some quick "delivery cost" calculations:

$220 to SLC

$185 to Wendover, NV

$120 to Winnemucca, NV

$75 to Reno, NV

T
\'02 Tiger

\'05 Husky TE510

\'02 BMW K1200LT

\'02 BMW R1150RT

\'05 KTM Adventure 950

Ain\'t Life Grand?

flyingpackman

Tom,

I've got some other questions.  I sent a PM
LP

Great Escape Tours

Gorgeous bike...I would have loved to have seen your post a couple months ago!  :roll:

Has it sold yet?
Great Escape Motorcycle Tours

www.great-escape-tours.com

tmh

Quote from: "Great Escape Tours"Gorgeous bike...I would have loved to have seen your post a couple months ago!  :roll:

Has it sold yet?

Thanks!

Getting some good interest this week, even though it is late in the season to be selling bikes!

But no one has signed on the dotted line... just yet.

Tom
\'02 Tiger

\'05 Husky TE510

\'02 BMW K1200LT

\'02 BMW R1150RT

\'05 KTM Adventure 950

Ain\'t Life Grand?