News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Plugs and Pads

Started by diggerT, December 19, 2006, 09:23:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

diggerT

I have a 93 Tiger and need new plugs and pads

I have been offered

Nissin, Armstrong or EBC pads (both sintered and organic)

and

NGK and Copper DPR8ea-9 and Iridium DPR8E1X_9 plugs

Can anyone tell me of their preferences as to the best combination?

Thanks a lot

DiggerT

Well, I'm on Carbonne Lorraine pads at the moment with good results AND Gedges stock them in St.Leonards on Sea.

I'm also using NGK Irridium plugs and they also appear to do a good job. Difficult to say if they're an improvement though.

Foxy

Different bike, different brakes but on my Girly I've tried and binned Carbon Lorraine and EBC pads. The only thing that works for me is Nissin (OEM) pads. Not come across Armstrong pads myself but something rings a bell about them being a bit shit.

Quote from: "Foxy"Different bike, different brakes but on my Girly I've tried and binned Carbon Lorraine and EBC pads.

Think you must have got the wrong pad material because the Carbonne Lorraine pads in mine will stand the bike on its nose.