News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Loose right footpeg on '06 Tiger

Started by Brooks Short, November 17, 2006, 04:10:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brooks Short

There was a thread over on the Triumph Rat.Net  forum several days ago.  The discussion was about a bolt backing out of the right rider footpeg bracket causing the footpeg bracket to loosen and potentially fall off.  

I checked my bike, an 06 Tiger with center stand, and sure enough one bolt was loose enough to cause the footpeg to move a bit.  I removed the bolt, applied blue loctite and re-installed it. Lining up the holes on the footpeg plate and the frame of the bike required some fiddling with the positioning of the center stand but eventually everything went together.

I looked carefully at both the right/brake side footpeg bracket and the left footpeg bracket and discovered that there were 2 bolts on each bracket, none with backing nuts or locknuts.  I added stainless M8 nuts and locking washers on all four bolts so this problem shouldn't happen again.

If you have an 06 Tiger you might want to check the tightness of these footpeg hanger bolts.
One Less Car

DanoDawg

Brooks,

Thanks for the "Heads Up".  Will check mine as soon as I get home.

Dan
\'06 Tiger

Quote from: "Brooks Short"I added stainless M8 nuts and locking washers on all four bolts so this problem shouldn't happen again.

This seems common to all girly Tigers. I, too, added nuts onto the back of the bolts. Not had a reoccurance since.